Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the fuel reserve alarm came on.
Autonomy was 100 km more or less.
I have done 705 km and the average was about 15km/liter.
I have calculated to have other 5 liters in the tank.

After other 20km I filled it up.
From the reserve alarm I ran another liter, at least.
I could expect to have 3 or 4 liters in the tank.

I have filled the tank up with 47 liters!
...but the declared capacity is 48 liters...
So, three possibilities:
1) the tank is bigger, 50 liters...at least
2) the reserve alarm is not reliable
3) the liters I have payed are smaller than nominal....

So, how big is the F54 fuel tank? And the reserve alarm...is reliable? How big is the left autonomy...100km?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the amber warning come up on my F54 for the first time the other day as well on my way to the petrol station. Said i had 37 miles left and I was going less than 2 miles to fill up. Put in just under 48 litres which did surprise me as well.

What is the true size of the tank in the car ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got to say is 60 litres tank as I was trying to fill it up all the way to the cap but I couldn't fill it up all the way to the tank as I was there for a very long time at the petrol pump. I end up filling up 56 litres with one bar left on the fuel gauge before I arrived at the petrol station.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Haha you'll be fine.

FYI: I did 18 miles on "---", albeit I ran out... But you can do up to 18 miles in an Auto SD on "---".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.