Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
MINI F56 JCW 20' - REBEL GREEN - 320HP/435NM - MGFLASHER
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I'm the only one having this issue - I'm driving a MINI F56 JCW 8-speed, and on track, even with DSC OFF if my steering angle is above a certain degree, the throttle is limited or cut.
Really strange feeling. Does anyone have the same issue? Can it be coded to have it off for track use?
Looking forward to your feedback.
Theo

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are you sure you’ve completely switched TC off? There are two settings, one is Traction mode (it says ESP OFF and TRACTION on the dashboard) and another one should completely turn ESP off. Traction mode activates with a 1 second press of the ESP button and the latter requires to hold it for either 3 or 5 seconds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you’ve completely switched TC off? There are two settings, one is Traction mode (it says ESP OFF and TRACTION on the dashboard) and another one should completely turn ESP off. Traction mode activates with a 1 second press of the ESP button and the latter requires to hold it for either 3 or 5 seconds.
Yes fully DSC OFF

·
Registered
178 Posts
No idea. I’ll be going to a track soon, I’ll try to have a check. I see that your car is significantly tuned. So you think if your custom map might be the reason?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea. I’ll be going to a track soon, I’ll try to have a check. I see that your car is significantly tuned. So you think if your custom map might be the reason?
Unfortunately I had it when stock - please note that my local track are slow corner, more auto cross type.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same as our only track available - it's more of a time attack track than something like Nurburgring :D
View attachment 73083
Oh Minsk track, yeah I know this one ;)
We have really sharp corners here as well.
It's really a weird set back, you can really feel that if you have X amount of steering degree and you push for over 50% of throttle nothing is happening, and this in all mode (GREEN,MID,SPORT) with DSC OFF (not sport TRACTION).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, normally the fastest way of driving is when your TC never kicks in (i.e. using but not abusing your grip), but i'll have a check, now i'm curious as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a boost gauge. When you have more than certain angle of steering the car don’t build boost. Not sure if this can be coded out or not.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Btw I just remembered that even if you have DSC and DCT fully off, we still have ELDC (electronic diff lock) that can’t be turned off. If you give it too much throttle that one wheel starts spinning, ELDC can grip the brakes on spinning wheel side to send more torque to the other wheel. Might that be the issue?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw I just remembered that even if you have DSC and DCT fully off, we still have ELDC (electronic diff lock) that can’t be turned off. If you give it too much throttle that one wheel starts spinning, ELDC can grip the brakes on spinning wheel side to send more torque to the other wheel. Might that be the issue?
Mmm it already sound more plausible.
And that would also explain why I went through a set of front brake pads within 7k km ahaha!
No coding possible?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW is this the same on the GP3 ?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can it be retro-fitted? Or is there any aftermarket option?
It's available now according to a recent post:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok, i'm back from the track.
To be honest, i haven't noticed anything like TC kicking in at all. Understeer and difficulties to put the power down after exit - yes, but that's normal stuff.
What i noticed however is that my transmission was sometimes struggling with finding the right gear in slow hairpins - when you're releasing brakes and pushing the throttle it may hesitate for a bit which seems like power cut-off but it really isn't one. I guess using paddles would help, but i'm not on friendly terms with this stuff (although i'm totally fine with a stick) so i went full auto.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts