Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a teaser pic of a Chilli Red on Chilli Red JCW that has been Ceramic Coated (CQuartz UK Edition) once.

Prior to treating the paint (got the JCW on 06/09/16) I washed, fixed some bird dropping marks, and then clay barred.

Applied one coat of Cquartz on the paint, and another on the Rubber (CQuarts dlux for rubber, plastic, trim, metal).

Waiting on a delivery of CQuartz UK edition to apply a second coat, before finishing off with CarPro Reload.

Cheers,

P.S. you can't allow the paint to get wet before curing (24-48hrs)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I only knew...

I have for years, and years... far too many to reveal. Taken care of my prized possessions with proper maintenance and paint care.

WHY, oh Why, do not more car enthusiasts are made aware of ceramic car paint sealants.

Tell me Davyboy, how long has it been, that you have been using ceramic paint care.

It's not more work (the work is all in the prepping before getting to apply the ceramic sealer), but if it lasts as long as they say it should last... oooh baby, this is a winner. More time driving.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've never used the stuff....probably should but I really don't mind polishing & waxing. It's good therapy after all! I'd miss that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
purchased online....

Any pic of whole car please. How much does ceramic cost?
You need a few things, to do it right... You can check out the link below.

http://www.minif56.com/forum/770-washing-detailing/55378-massive-detailing-w-pics.html#post540666

The Cquartz UK Edition goes for $70CDN. You will need microfibre towels, a clay bar, and Ceramic Coat friendly car wash soap, as well as CarPro Reload Inorganic Spray Sealant. It's not cheap and it is cheap. I mean, if you pay someone to do it I gather it will cost between $600 and up. But, you won't get the satisfaction as well as opportunity to really go over the car from head to toe (I found out that my driver's side, front fender trim, rattles. As well as the front driver side Clear JCW fender indicator, has the black lettering missing on some of the John Cooper Works letters.

Cheers...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great detailing pix - thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts