Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Car Wash and found my 1st Scratch on the Car. Driver Side Door right above the Plastic Panel about 3/4 of an inch long all the way into the Primer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:(

Hopefully I can wet sand it and cover it up with some Touch Up paint. If not off to my Neighbors Body Shop.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I feel for ya man! btdt
I have never been brave enough to try repairing scratches by wet sanding. I'd take it to a professional....hard for me to recommend that cause I prefer doing everything myself! :)

Good luck with it...just remember, you "got that out of the way now...it's over with!"

John

Reactions: Evlkarl and pjsjr13

·
Registered
81 Posts
Could be worse - at two weeks old we had some pretty strong winds so I parked the wife's mini out of the way of any potential falling branches from the trees around the house.... and got up to a rabbit hutch resting on top of the near side front wing..... OUCH

repaired now - and so she kerbed the black alloy.... I have given up, that can stay!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some kind person put a nice deep scratch in the door of my better halfs Countryman in less than a week of ownership. MINI said it needed the whole door re spraying at £400 :eek: The scratch was only about 1cm long.

It's now going to my local paint guy who is going to sort it (touch in/blend) for £20. I wouldn't want to attempt it myself, for the sake of a few quid I'd rather a professional did it. I know I'd totally hash it up!

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
It's horrid; have a tiny stone chip on front bonnet which i've touched up and as in another thread the oil delivery man made a bit of a mess of my plastic wheel arch-still toying with the idea of a new part for that since its fine till the treatment-at the mo autoglym plastic gel , wears off then you can see it again ! Grrrrr ! i share your pain!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
508 Posts
A neighbour reversed into my previous Mini within one hour of me collecting it from the dealer, putting a small paint chip in the bumper.

She was insisting I take the car to a body shop to have the whole bumper resprayed, so I let her pay for a bottle of touch-up paint.

It's only a car, after all - obsessing about them is an illness that should be resisted.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Absolutely. And as soon as its repaired someone or something else may well ding it! Showroom obsession can spoil owning the car if you're not careful. Use it.enjoy it .

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Showroom obsession here Stone Chips and Scratches when the Primer shows just drive me Bongers. I know perfection is over rated. Maybe I need to built me one of them Rod Rats for a daily Driver.:|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts