Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who ever designed the arm rest needs to go back to Designer School. :mad::mad: It is always in the way it sits way too high when you drive and I always hit my elbow on it when it is in the upright position. It needs to be lower by about 1 or 2 inches or give us a height adjustment for it.;) I am on the look out for a middle consul without the armrest so I can remove the arm rest.

Another thing that drives me crazy is the roof rails no matter how much you blow the water off when you get out of the car wash you always end up with water spots on the roof by the time you get home. That also can be said for the JCW Bumpers they look pretty cool but water just keeps on coming. Gheez:(:(

Rant over.:):)

·
Registered
118 Posts
i leave mine up all the time, like you said you always bang your elbow on it and if my armrest is left down it rattles like mad on uneven roads

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HTML:
 the (non) secret compartment was secretly removed by the dipstick thieves!
LOL them sneeky German Dip Stick Thieves........:D:D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
i actually like it, i lower it and use the limited storage since the (non) secret compartment was secretly removed by the dipstick thieves!
like!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Who ever designed the arm rest needs to go back to Designer School. :mad::mad: It is always in the way it sits way too high when you drive and I always hit my elbow on it when it is in the upright position. It needs to be lower by about 1 or 2 inches or give us a height adjustment for it.;) I am on the look out for a middle consul without the armrest so I can remove the arm rest.

Another thing that drives me crazy is the roof rails no matter how much you blow the water off when you get out of the car wash you always end up with water spots on the roof by the time you get home. That also can be said for the JCW Bumpers they look pretty cool but water just keeps on coming. Gheez:(:(

Rant over.:):)
Totally with you. I wanted to delete the armrest on my 16 s, but had to leave it on in order to get everything else I wanted in a package. Before I left the dealership, I swung it up so it "stands" between the seats. Personally, I think the cockpit looks better with the armrest out of sight.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I actually like it, I lower it and use the limited storage since the (non) secret compartment was secretly removed by the dipstick thieves!
I have to admit, I actually like it in the lowered position also.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
This is a perfect example why MINI should allow additions and deletions more freely to cater to the owner when configuring a new MINI. Sadly, they appear to be going the wrong way and lumping options into "packages" thereby limiting personal choices and maximizing uniformity...not a good thing imo! As for me, I added the center armrest as an individual item on my JCW after my build was complete...I love it! Probably can't do that now! So glad I bought a 2015!

·
Registered
226 Posts
...Not to mention when it's in the lower position, every time you park (assuming standard transmission) the emergency brake hits it and marks up the top of the lever.....Annoying!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
...Not to mention when it's in the lower position, every time you park (assuming standard transmission) the emergency brake hits it and marks up the top of the lever.....Annoying!
I didn't say it's perfect. However, certainly better than the one on the R55. Truth be told, I would have deleted it if I could. It's just not as irritable as I expected.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Another thing that drives me crazy is the roof rails no matter how much you blow the water off when you get out of the car wash you always end up with water spots on the roof by the time you get home. That also can be said for the JCW Bumpers they look pretty cool but water just keeps on coming.
I have learned that there is no end to the number of water traps on this car. I have a Master Blaster dryer which works great, but still can never find all of the hidden places for water accumulation that MINI built for us. I love my Rebel Green, but can't help but think that Pepper White would have been a lot easier to live with.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am !68 CM I tried it several times mine just stops in a upper angle not even leveled or downwards. I will check again tomorrow just to see if there is a magic button that I missed.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I'm 194cm and the armrest fits great for me. Karl, there are two latches on the armrest. The top one opens the storage compartment and just below that lever is another latch that allows you to lower the front of the armrest. RTFM. :D I remember seeing it in my manual.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree, the only reason I love my armrest is because I have an auto! I test drove the S in manual and it was a right pain, it made me distort my wrist in to all manner of different positions when in the down position and changing gear, and in the upright position I hit my elbow on it with every shift! If I was buying a manual Mini I would definitely opt for one without an armrest.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
When my MA showed me how to lower it all the way during a test drive, while I was complaining about the armrest mostly due to all the grumbling I had read on the forums, I quickly saw the light & decided to add it to my build before getting my production number....and I am glad I did! The interference with the emergency brake isn't an issue for me either. I just have the radio though so I don't have a controller for the center screen in the center console so it's not a bother there either. Everyone has their tolerance levels for such things, and for me it's perfect! Low tolerance items for me are no dipstick & having software problems with the visual boost & nag, etc., so glad early versions allowed an opt out on such gadgets....MINI is already changing to CarPlay, etc making early screens somewhat obsolete. Nothing wrong with going bare bones on a performance car....even the Challenge only has the radio! I wonder if the Challenge has an armrest? :)

Reactions: KYDan and Evlkarl
1 - 20 of 52 Posts