Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
HTML:
RTFM.  I remember seeing it in my manual.
Did read the manual. :D:D even in the lowest position it is not my thing. BTW found 2 brand new black phillips screws in the honey comb holes for the lid that would explain the rattle. LOL now I have to find where they go. I have to say I found quite a few screws in my 2015 and now the 2017. The mystery never ends....:(

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've had a few electronic ones and I don't rate them but do like the space they free up. So for me foot bake best compromise

I agree in mini not enough room tho

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Good Lord! The F56 arm rest is head and shoulders above the poor excuse for an armrest they had in the R series. I have yet to have the cover slide off into the back floorboard and this one is high enough so it's useable without leaning to the right. The new one also has enough storage to actually be useful too. I have a manual trans and have never had a problem with it. It took a few times to get used to lowering it after releasing the handbrake, but that's about it. Even after replacing my seats with Sparco units I find it comfortable. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to drive long distances and not have a place to rest my arm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good Lord! The F56 arm rest is head and shoulders above the poor excuse for an armrest they had in the R series. I have yet to have the cover slide off into the back floorboard and this one is high enough so it's useable without leaning to the right. The new one also has enough storage to actually be useful too. I have a manual trans and have never had a problem with it. It took a few times to get used to lowering it after releasing the handbrake, but that's about it. Even after replacing my seats with Sparco units I find it comfortable. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to drive long distances and not have a place to rest my arm.
Covered in 1 :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Never much liked the place to rest one's arms. I put a base Golf center console in my Golf R to get rid of the armrest there too, and it was far less obtrusive and annoying than the F56 armrest.

I'm glad to be rid of it. Worth any cost to get the console I have that doesn't have that stupid atrocity.

The R56 armrest was worse. I'll give you that. I must be a minority in that I store nothing in my car. There's a few things in the glovebox and a road kit in the subfloor of the trunk, that's it. Personally, I can't stand having things in my car.

--Matt

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts
Wouldn't be without it,for using as an arm rest and for using as a support when adjusting ones seating position after getting in the car.

It is very easy to live with although ergonomically it seems to be a bit of an afterthought.

I keep nothing in it either.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The center armrest is perfect for storage! I have a folded up towel in mine as a cushion & place my garage door opener & USB stick in there. No rattles....useful!!

I'd say it's about 50/50 like/dislike the armrest. If there wasn't one offered I wonder how many gripers there would be? Interesting thought! ;-)

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't have bought the car if it didn't have the armrest. I drive about 30,000 to 40,000 miles a year (on UK roads!) So an armrest is a must. I've literally never found it to be in the way of the gearstick at all, and it's only slightly in the way of the iController. I don't know if the positions are reversed as mine is RHD but it's one of the best armrests I've had, following only the Honda S2000.
I normally keep my iPod in there (connected with a USB because I'm not spending 120 quid on a plastic converter).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks YouTube and this website

I got my first Mini last week and love almost everything about it. The centre armrest is one of the things I hated since it was far too high to be comfortable. UNTIL I watched a video link on another thread in this Forum where the reviewer shows that you can pull the lever and push the armrest lower. I never figured that out and the dealership did not seem to know about it either. Now my centre armrest sits at a perfect height for using the iDrive and also for gearing up and down comfortably on the automatic stick for a sportier feel.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Mini Lover welcome to the forum. Glad we could help.:D:D Post some pics of your Beauty when you have enough posts.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts