Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, when I took my one and only test drive a few months ago the salesman said that with the cars equipped with the Air Con it actually says things. I can't remember exactly what the salesman said but something along the lines of

if you turn up the heat then there's a voice that says "welcome to kansas" or something like that.

Is this true and if so anyone heard it?!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Never heard of it, but could be something to do with the app you can download to your phone.......is it the Mini Excitement thing or something like that?

I can make some enquiries tomorrow if no one provides an answer before then

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of it, but could be something to do with the app you can download to your phone.......is it the Mini Excitement thing or something like that?

I can make some enquiries tomorrow if no one provides an answer before then
He may have been feeding me a line but he seemed serious!!!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
A- The salesperson was was having flashbacks from the 80's...
B- The salesperson has not a clue what he/she are doing..
C- You may have overloaded on TV in the 80's and your having flashbacks
D- None of us have tapped the Mini's inner workings yet!
E- All of the above.
F-None of the above.

>:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is that the same app that rates your driving?

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Ok this is bothering me.. The car speaketh with the ipone app, but the only way to take advantage of the NFC key fob you must have an andriod.. Does Mini expect us to have both and iphone and an android??:(

·
Registered
734 Posts
I agree Peter support does seem patchy... they mention nexus 4 as an example of a supported android phone but in their compatibility checker it says half the features don't work, and there's no armrest cradle for it. And that go pro press release only mentioned iphone ...

I hope the gaps will get filled in over time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
It depends what options you have built into your car and then you need the Mini connected app and launch mission control. The car does talk to you. It's a very good feature but alas my car is in the garage being fixed so I cannot provide more details on the feature

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
There is something that makes MINI speak ..... I saw it on a review on youtube.... I'll go and hunt it out......

here it is.....

2mins 40 in .... MINI CONNECTED > MISSION CONTROL ..... apparently!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just watched the video, how cool is that. So much fun to be had.

I've downloaded the mini connected app for the android and hopefully that works but if not I'll just have to get the iphone!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts