Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent weeks trying to find the classic BMW secret menu found in my BMW E60 5 Series and it still lives in Mini F56

The good news, I can finally read the menu it's now localized from German to English.

The bad news, I have no idea what it does and how it works.

Maybe someone can dwell into this even further.

---- Steps to Secret Menu ----

1) With car engine running place car in Park

2) Turn Engine OFF

3) The Instrument Cluster should show the miles without the time

4) Press and hold the TRIP O.O next to the instrument cluster and push BC button located on the turn signal lever, HOLD for 15-20 seconds

You will see the secret menu in place of the instrument cluster

---- Steps to Navigate the Menu -----

A single press on TRIP button cycles through the menu

A long press goes down a level or back

I have not discovered how to select from the list. This is the missing step.

---- Steps to Exit the Menu ----

A single continuous long press for 15-20 second. Similar to going down a level but don't release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double menu unlocked!

To unlock the locked menu, simply sum up the last 5 digits from your VIN and enter the 2 digit total in the UNLOCK MENU

PRESS AND HOLD for a few seconds.

UNLOCK MENU will reveal the menu below:
•Tank
•Temperature
•BCØ
•Correct. Factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
And this is good for?
In the menu...point 20 or 24 there is the possibility to adjust the average consumption shown in the circular display...this is useful to know how many km you can do with the fuel: by default the average value is weighted with 1000...if you reduce the number your consumption is optimistic...if you increase is worst.
I have set 1050 and the result I have after having "fueled" the car (fuel / km per fuel) is very close to the value show by the display.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
In the menu...point 20 or 24 there is the possibility to adjust the average consumption shown in the circular display...this is useful to know how many km you can do with the fuel: by default the average value is weighted with 1000...if you reduce the number your consumption is optimistic...if you increase is worst.
I have set 1050 and the result I have after having "fueled" the car (fuel / km per fuel) is very close to the value show by the display.
Phooey. Make it so we can play Doom on the MINI display and I'll be impressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.