Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
"This wasn't a wreck... we think it was an accumulation of leaves..." I smell BS..... but never nice to see a car burning.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The end result is the same, the car was a total loss. It is a great road for twisting, but it must be respected, it can bite you in different ways. The video demonstrates that. The driver pulled over for whatever reason and left the car and the heat from the catalytic converter most likely ignited the leaves. Still it is a great road for driving, we run it several times area.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
And, this time of year there is a butt load of leaves on and around the road. When I returned from the Back of the Dragon last week I needed a leaf blower to clean the accumulated foliage out of my various grills and from the space between the splitter and the lower lip of the "Guppy" mouth..

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed my early morning typo in my earlier post it should have read we run it several times a year, not area. And, in the fall the leaves are an issue on the road itself if it has been windy and raining.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I get that there's leaves... but the car looks to be parked on the road, very odd.

Could have got some trapped beside the exhaust, which then ignited when they stopped with no airflow... dropped down while lit igniting those on the ground.....

and now my earlier BS comment looks a bit silly :D but when we get leaves in this part of the world, they're never normally dry enough to burn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts