Mini Cooper Forum banner

The ghost in the Mini

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Stingray82 
#1 ·
Was just going out in my Wife's car earlier and checked my Mini through the window before leaving. To my alarm, I discovered both the driver and passenger windows fully down. Thank goodness it wasn't raining (for a change) or the car would have been full of water. I didn't have the "key" with me but the car wasn't even locked.

I had to get the key to close the windows and remembering something I saw on a VW Jetta commercial, tried holding down the unlock button and to my surprise, shortly after the doors unlocked, both windows rolled down. "Feature" I assumed but how did it happen when the key was on the dresser?

Ideas anyone?

#4 ·
All three of my MINIs have had this comfort opening feature.
When the MINI has spent an hour sitting in the Perth sun it is really nice to be able to open the windows before getting to the car as it allows the hot air to escape.
Probably something you'll never need in Canada. :)

#7 ·
Yeah this is something my previous Mini had too. Hold down the open button on the key fob and windows, then sunroof (if equipped) opens up. Great idea, which we in Toronto can use for about 3 months in the summer :laugh:

Why this happened to Stingray without the remote, I don't know. Hopefully this is just an anomaly.

#10 ·
It hasn't happened again since, the only thing I can think is maybe I did it after the previous use and didn't notice until then. We have had about 3 days without rain so it wasn't wet inside. If I lived in Surrey, BC a family of hobos would have moved into it within an hour.

#12 ·
This morning my "ghost" put the radio on all by itself (honestly me'lud, I don't remember touching any buttons anywhere), the first time in 5 months it has misbehaved.

I told it off, so hopefully it has crawled back into its box and will stay there.
If not I expect a ubiquitous software update will fix it.

#14 ·
Mine seems to lower interest he radio volume each time I shut the car down. I listen to work related recordings of meetings while I drive and the volume has to be high to hear them. Each time I start the car, it seems like the volume has gone back to the middle. Maybe my ghost is worried about my hearing? Nice ghost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.