Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 403 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's a section just for pictures of your JCW, especially ones that have the odd tweak here & there....

I'll stick some of mine in tomorrow after it's had its detail.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, Tom & Paul from TK Detailing paid me a visit today and as always did a stunning job....

The only problem now is that it's so shiny, taking pictures isn't that easy !!

JCW05
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

JCW03

JCW02

It's now all tucked up in the car port and staying there until the weekend, and we're off to WSMOC Minis By The Sea down in Worthing on Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Davo, have you got a better shot of the back, showing off that rear splitter ?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My Lil Guy, Born June 4, 2015 with a MT! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ok I have to ask why is the Gear Lever in the JCW taller than in the rest of the F56 would a taller stick not make shifting gears feel longer? Or did Mini give you more chrome because Msrp is higher? Sorry kinda dumb question but I am scratching my head on this one.:(

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ok I have to ask why is the Gear Lever in the JCW taller than in the rest of the F56 would a taller stick not make shifting gears feel longer? Or did Mini give you more chrome because Msrp is higher? Sorry kinda dumb question but I am scratching my head on this one.:(

Ha! There could be more than one answer I believe. For one, a manual trans driver needs to have the best balance ergonomically for shifting, and the longer shaft is easier to reach. (Look at some race cars...jeez, their shifter shafts are loooooong!)

Is the throw longer? No clue....normally, you'd think the longer the throw the less compact the shift pattern is on the trans (like in a UUC Short Shift kit). But, not necessarily......I believe it all gets down to a cross between ergonomics and physics. What's comfortable and what gives you the best shift "feel" without compromising comfort?

If you strictly think "physics", doesn't a taller shaft help tighten up the movement of the mechanism at the transmission (due to the application of "leverage")?

Maybe I'm all wet, but those are my thoughts. All I know is the stock manual shifter feels great....look at the diameter of that shaft! :D

John

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
John, thank you for the reply I might have to drive one when my Dealer gets a JCW in.0:)0:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
As you know this is Lapis No1

A few tweeks here and a few there,almost finished! All detailed with my trusty old bucket and mitt and a sore back
Davo, car looks great. Where did you get door handles from and were they tricky to fit? Also love the red around the wheels was this done yourself?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's not. The boot doesn't rise up very much and there's a decorative aluminum shaft that covers the would-be exposed shift lever. Mark it down as an optical illusion.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Davo, car looks great. Where did you get door handles from and were they tricky to fit? Also love the red around the wheels was this done yourself?

Thanks

David
Handles - www.aliexpress.com (under JCW Pro Parts).......simply fit over original handle with 3M tape - easy.

Wheels - www.rimblades.com Loads of other colours as well and easy to fit yourself - 3M tape again.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thought I would pop these pics on here from NAM.

Vo picked up yesterday (nice)..........still haven't seen one in UK yet,must be somebody out there? BTW who puts these stripes on straight!!!

Not a JCW but a nice MCS in Deep Blue Metallic with Pro tuning kit and exhaust. Will be quite rare with CR roof etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm not a fan of the side stripes...this rendition appears to follow the beltline trim instead of the rocker panel line. That VO would be perfect without the striping!

Blue one is gorgeous!

John

Reactions: Davo56

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How come a non JCW has a red roof ?

It's the divine right of the JCW to have a red top !!!! Looks good though.

Not sure about that VO one, it either needs the current side stripes lowered a bit, or replaced with black JCW stripes. (IMO of course!)

·
Registered
372 Posts
How come a non JCW has a red roof ?

It's the divine right of the JCW to have a red top !!!! Looks good though.

Not sure about that VO one, it either needs the current side stripes lowered a bit, or replaced with black JCW stripes. (IMO of course!)
Roof has been wrapped ???

1 - 20 of 403 Posts