Mini Cooper Forum banner

The JCW Gallery

382K views 468 replies 148 participants last post by  LOGO 
#1 ·
OK, here's a section just for pictures of your JCW, especially ones that have the odd tweak here & there....

I'll stick some of mine in tomorrow after it's had its detail.

#4 ·
So, Tom & Paul from TK Detailing paid me a visit today and as always did a stunning job....

The only problem now is that it's so shiny, taking pictures isn't that easy !!

JCW05
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

JCW03

JCW02

It's now all tucked up in the car port and staying there until the weekend, and we're off to WSMOC Minis By The Sea down in Worthing on Sunday.

#455 ·
So, Tom & Paul from TK Detailing paid me a visit today and as always did a stunning job....

The only problem now is that it's so shiny, taking pictures isn't that easy !!

JCW05

JCW03

JCW02

It's now all tucked up in the car port and staying there until the weekend, and we're off to WSMOC Minis By The Sea down in Worthing on Sunday.
Beautiful color, looks great in the shade and in the light.

#7 ·
My Lil Guy, Born June 4, 2015 with a MT! :D

Attachments

#10 ·
Ok I have to ask why is the Gear Lever in the JCW taller than in the rest of the F56 would a taller stick not make shifting gears feel longer? Or did Mini give you more chrome because Msrp is higher? Sorry kinda dumb question but I am scratching my head on this one.:(

#11 ·
Ha! There could be more than one answer I believe. For one, a manual trans driver needs to have the best balance ergonomically for shifting, and the longer shaft is easier to reach. (Look at some race cars...jeez, their shifter shafts are loooooong!)

Is the throw longer? No clue....normally, you'd think the longer the throw the less compact the shift pattern is on the trans (like in a UUC Short Shift kit). But, not necessarily......I believe it all gets down to a cross between ergonomics and physics. What's comfortable and what gives you the best shift "feel" without compromising comfort?

If you strictly think "physics", doesn't a taller shaft help tighten up the movement of the mechanism at the transmission (due to the application of "leverage")?

Maybe I'm all wet, but those are my thoughts. All I know is the stock manual shifter feels great....look at the diameter of that shaft! :D

John

#16 ·
Thought I would pop these pics on here from NAM.

Vo picked up yesterday (nice)..........still haven't seen one in UK yet,must be somebody out there? BTW who puts these stripes on straight!!!

Not a JCW but a nice MCS in Deep Blue Metallic with Pro tuning kit and exhaust. Will be quite rare with CR roof etc.

Attachments

#17 ·
I'm not a fan of the side stripes...this rendition appears to follow the beltline trim instead of the rocker panel line. That VO would be perfect without the striping!

Blue one is gorgeous!

John

Reactions: Davo56
#18 ·
How come a non JCW has a red roof ?

It's the divine right of the JCW to have a red top !!!! Looks good though.

Not sure about that VO one, it either needs the current side stripes lowered a bit, or replaced with black JCW stripes. (IMO of course!)

#23 ·
Really good fun, exhaust and waste gate noise is comedy. Already thinking the run flats need to go.

Best option bow ticked was the roof, makes it feel a lot more roomy. HK sound system is ACE, and enjoying the HUD too.

The adjustable dampers was a waste, the sport setting it too frantic for the dodgy Aberdeen roads.

Reactions: derekh929
#24 ·
We was very keen on sunroof when we had the demo and if had gone for black roof it would have been ticked , but as went red roof i liked the look better without it.

Yes it sounds great even on standard set up, i think the suspension in sport is just on the limit for roads here as well but on softer setting to much role and movement for me, and if you had stock suspension sport basis its 20% stiffer than sport on variable dampers

#32 ·
One thing i've noticed over the past few weeks driving around London is that very very few Mini's here seem to be anything other than the One, Base or SD models.

In Australia, it's probably 85% or more are S, very very few JCW's (I'm yet to have seen one here in London though) and a small handful of base models (almost zilch One's).

Also, just about every model in Australia has the bonnet stripes, whereas i've seen one here (and a lot of Minis overall). The stripes are a paid-for option in Australia, so i'm wondering if they just sneak it in and don't mention the fact to most people? I think they need the stripes personally or they look like just another small car :D

#34 ·
Well picked it up late yesterday evening and very happy......apart from the missus decided to curb the alloy after about 4 mins ??? didn't know if to laugh or cry! So I ordered some rimbands last night and they will be getting fitted asap after its out back to new! Getting Gtechnik Crystal serum on it next week then all should be good again! Only got a a quick few pic...

Attachments

#35 ·
Davy86 that's looking fantastic loving the full vipers gives it a different look , I feel the pain with alloy I had not kerbed a wheel in approx. 12 years but when met a big jeep over the line on tight B road had to swerve and clipped a stone on grass bank two weeks in so painful. That has been sorted know as just got yesterday delivered a new set of the cup wheels from a member that had put on different wheels so will come in handy