Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home this morning about 2. 30 am from work and suddenly I hear Ding Dong thought I did not close the Hatch right pulled over shut it again climb back into the car look at the Speedo and here is the freeze warning light/snowflake coming on with a 37 in the middle. Kinda strange here I am in the middle of Phoenix AZ on dry roads and the freeze warning light comes on.:D What is even stranger is that it came on then the temp was 37 Degrees. On all my other cars they did come on between 33/34 even on my Volvo Semi it comes on at 34 Degrees. Is Mini just extra careful when the temp drops? :confused::confused:

· Registered
199 Posts
The little snowflake warning has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks now. The highest I've seen it come on is 41°F, which is overly cautious by any stretch of the imagination.

I haven't yet plugged in w/ETK to see if I can disable it, but it's definitely on the to-do list. Temp warnings upon startup have always been completely redundant.

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good way to loose in court as a customer in case of an accident. Mini always can claim hey we gave you plenty of warning 7 degrees before the roads get slick.:D:D

· Registered
2,082 Posts
I haven't had this issue, since my Little Guy sits snugly in the warm garage! I'm really tired of winter already and it hasn't even started! :(

Reactions: pjsjr13 and Evlkarl

· Registered
113 Posts
Mine comes on at 3C and also reminds when things get colder too it seems or maybe when there is a sudden drop. All because of countries where people are super litigious. Just like people who spill hot coffee on themselves!

Reactions: Evlkarl

· Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
I read an article this am in Guild Experienced Motorists mag that said that if ROAD TEMP can be 4 degrees C lower than air temp and of course it's the air temp our lovely cars measure; hence the margin! SO unlike a lot of those crazy drivers out there DON'T ignore the bong; areas esp under trees etc could have ice or worse black ice. take the racing driver ' slow in fast out line' dont go piling round corners too fast. I had a couple of slips last week just in the damp-winter tyres now on and car is much grippier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.