Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home this morning about 2. 30 am from work and suddenly I hear Ding Dong thought I did not close the Hatch right pulled over shut it again climb back into the car look at the Speedo and here is the freeze warning light/snowflake coming on with a 37 in the middle. Kinda strange here I am in the middle of Phoenix AZ on dry roads and the freeze warning light comes on.:D What is even stranger is that it came on then the temp was 37 Degrees. On all my other cars they did come on between 33/34 even on my Volvo Semi it comes on at 34 Degrees. Is Mini just extra careful when the temp drops? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
The little snowflake warning has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks now. The highest I've seen it come on is 41°F, which is overly cautious by any stretch of the imagination.

I haven't yet plugged in w/ETK to see if I can disable it, but it's definitely on the to-do list. Temp warnings upon startup have always been completely redundant.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good way to loose in court as a customer in case of an accident. Mini always can claim hey we gave you plenty of warning 7 degrees before the roads get slick.:D:D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I haven't had this issue, since my Little Guy sits snugly in the warm garage! I'm really tired of winter already and it hasn't even started! :(

Reactions: pjsjr13 and Evlkarl

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
In the UK in degrees c mine comes on at3 I think! Prefer to be forewarned and err on the side of safety!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
02, now that is a good way to look forward to the 1st day of spring or salt free roads.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine comes on at 3C and also reminds when things get colder too it seems or maybe when there is a sudden drop. All because of countries where people are super litigious. Just like people who spill hot coffee on themselves!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine normally chirps at 3 degrees as well. However, twice in the last two days he's sounded off at 5.5 degrees. Anyone have any ideas about why it varies or does he just like to keep me guessing?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I read an article this am in Guild Experienced Motorists mag that said that if ROAD TEMP can be 4 degrees C lower than air temp and of course it's the air temp our lovely cars measure; hence the margin! SO unlike a lot of those crazy drivers out there DON'T ignore the bong; areas esp under trees etc could have ice or worse black ice. take the racing driver ' slow in fast out line' dont go piling round corners too fast. I had a couple of slips last week just in the damp-winter tyres now on and car is much grippier!

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 10 of 10 Posts