Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I've very recently bought myself a JCW, about 3.5 years old, in need of some TLC and much modification! This time a slightly less common Melting Silver with Chili Red roof and mirrors (I had a red and black one previously.) I'll post up the pics as I go, so to start us off here's a before and after of the wheels and springs I've now fitted:

Stock suspension, stock JCW 501 Track Spoke wheels with Pirelli PZero non run flats (205/45 R17):
Stock Track Spokes and stock suspension

Eibach JCW sport lowering springs, OZ Racing Hyper GT HLT wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (225/45 R17):
Eibach springs and Hyper GTs

Next up, some black parts, splitters, and other cosmetics. All that after a very thorough detail though!

Cheers,

Andy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a real beauty. :love:
Well thank you very much! I'm not driving him very much as I'm working from home, so I have to keep popping out to take a look still! :LOL:

I have some front end tweaks coming up soon, and already have mud flaps on. The spray from the fat wheels is brutal!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Any plans to de-chrome it?
Yes I have some parts already, just waiting for some other parts so I only have to take the front bumper off once! I might leave the belt line - I like the chrome on @dmal70 's black JCW. Might be different on mine though, there's a lot of silver already of course! So the jury's out on the belt line. Will certainly do lights, handles, badges and fuel flap though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An update! I spent far too long at the weekend building a bracket inside the front bumper to accept my 'Sto n Sho' plate holder. With the bumper off, I also changed the black bumper bar that normally holds the plate, fitted a genuine MINI black grill surround, and JCW Pro front splitters. The JCW splitters are usually fitted to a mounted bumper, and if you followed the guide you'd end up with 4 hidden bumper securing screws UNDER the splitters! That would require you to remove the splitters again to get the bumper off in the future. I was having none of that, so I fitted the splitters with the bumper off, and cut some 'access' holes in them to be able to secure (and later remove) the bumper without disturbing the splitters again. Taking the bumper off has its quirks (the arch trims are a bugger to detach.) Taking the bumper apart is easy enough, methodically, there is a sequence. Rebuild takes 5 minutes!

One small problem, I've now remembered that I forgot to reattach the temp sensor to the bumper mount point! So it's going to be flapping around in there somewhere... luckily it isn't dangling out, so I might well leave taking the bumper back off until it's intercooler time. Anyway, pictures!

Finished front bumper treatments with removable plate:

20201129_125141.jpg Starting the bracket build
20201129_134348.jpg That's it done, view from inside or course
20201129_151826.jpg JCW Pro splitters fitted
20201129_152004.jpg With access holes drilled for bumper mounting screws
20201129_152451.jpg The Sto n Sho will just slot right in through the grill gap, new bar cover fitted
20201129_152553.jpg Like that! Just pull the pin to remove

20201130_151158.jpg Plate on 20201130_151253.jpg Plate off

20201130_151504.jpg side view

This took me so long I didn't get around to the light rings or badges, so more photos coming soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts