Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing about the fun you've all been having in the EV, I decided I definitely want to look into buying one. Short story shorter, I've just sold my MCS to my nephew and I'm going to start looking at EV's as soon as the dealers will let me take a test drive. So...whist I'm currently without a MINI...I don't expect to be without one for very long. :)

Ive changed suppliers to Octopus......even if I decide not to get an EV, Octopus will save me some money. Glad I've changed over early because, as it turns out, my smart meters are version 1 so I'll need new smart meters fitting to take advantage of the Go tariff.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate...I'll definitely keep you all updated. :)

I'm looking at used......I refuse to buy a new car when you lose so much in the first year. I'm going to be looking at level 2, just because level 1 doesn't have the rear parking sensors. I know they're an easy enough car to park in general, but some of the places I park at work can be extremely awkward with lots of low level obstacles, so I'd rather have the sensors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After hearing about the fun you've all been having in the EV, I decided I definitely want to look into buying one. Short story shorter, I've just sold my MCS to my nephew and I'm going to start looking at EV's as soon as the dealers will let me take a test drive. So...whist I'm currently without a MINI...I don't expect to be without one for very long. :)

Ive changed suppliers to Octopus......even if I decide not to get an EV, Octopus will save me some money. Glad I've changed over early because, as it turns out, my smart meters are version 1 so I'll need new smart meters fitting to take advantage of the Go tariff.
I’ve got SMART 1 meters (May’15), Octopus advised me same when I switched to them that version 2 most likely to be installed before upgrade to GO tariff. Then received an e-mail out of the blue advising that Octopus receiving readings from the meter so was I happy to move across to GO at that time, all good (so far)...⚡👍🏻

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got SMART 1 meters (May’15), Octopus advised me same when I switched to them that version 2 most likely to be installed before upgrade to GO tariff. Then received an e-mail out of the blue advising that Octopus receiving readings from the meter so was I happy to move across to GO at that time, all good (so far)...⚡👍🏻
That's great to hear thanks......fingers crossed mine will be ok too. :)

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts

I have a Smart 1 (Manf. by Elster) and Octopus was happy to switch me to Go with it. Hopefully yours will be ok.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've been with Octopus since December and have been very impressed with them. They fitted Smart meters for me a month after joining. I can thoroughly recommend the Ohme Smart charger, it works a treat.
Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Smart 1 (Manf. by Elster) and Octopus was happy to switch me to Go with it. Hopefully yours will be ok.
Thanks mate. Just read an old email from npower where they said they were switching me to half-hourly reads, so I guess my meters may work with Go.
I've been with Octopus since December and have been very impressed with them. They fitted Smart meters for me a month after joining. I can thoroughly recommend the Ohme Smart charger, it works a treat.
Even though they seem to recommend the Ohme charger for the Agile tariff, I'm leaning towards that one after reading some of your other posts about them. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks mate. Just read an old email from npower where they said they were switching me to half-hourly reads, so I guess my meters may work with Go.

Even though they seem to recommend the Ohme charger for the Agile tariff, I'm leaning towards that one after reading some of your other posts about them. :)
Ohme are very impressive too. Great communication and feed back when you ask them anything. You can set the charger to use Go and Go Faster and only charge at the 5p rate it's very easy to use on their app.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to see limited savings with the Go tariff as I work nights a lot, but it's still going to be worth switching as it's mega cheap compared to every other tariff.

Just noticed something that my OCD really doesn't like about the level 2............WTH have they put so much piano black on the dashboard!?

I wonder if I could have the piano black wrapped. 🤔

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm going to see limited savings with the Go tariff as I work nights a lot, but it's still going to be worth switching as it's mega cheap compared to every other tariff.

Just noticed something that my OCD really doesn't like about the level 2............WTH have they put so much piano black on the dashboard!?

I wonder if I could have the piano black wrapped. 🤔
Have a look at the Go Faster tariff. There are various start times and number of hours you can have. If it's available to you in your area it may suit you better. It's the same 5p cheap rate and day rate as Go.

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Think well be octopus in Nov but our daily unit price is good at 12;4 so need to do some maths comparing car charge and house use. No smart meter at mo.
really think you won't regret it. Can't wait to see what you buy. Keep us posted. Sopers did have a few . Exciting times. Good luck.

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Jeremy...I'm really looking forward to test driving one. Sopers were well priced if I remember correctly but they're a good distance from me......I jokingly said to the wife the other day that I hope I can find one less than 140 miles away. :D

Wow...12.4 is one helluva cheap unit price. I'm initially gonna be on 16.6, and my daily unit price on Go will still be more than you at 12.9.

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Yes it's really good. Peoples energy fixed till Oct. I need to calculate cost for everyday v cost just for the car before we consider a move . I think Sopers deliver? Or they will after lockdown .speak to Nigel he's amazing. Mention me,he'll know us(oh dear we're too good a customer).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol...you must be a good customer. My local sales department wouldn't know me from Adam......the service department on the other hand...:D

They must've sold a couple as they only have a level 3 left, but I'll definitely call them and name-drop when they get some more in.

Trying not to even look at the used site at the moment as I can't drive one yet, but I can't help but take a peek every now and again. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Oh yes when we visit his eyes light up! We've had 5 cars off him!

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Hi Ventmore Mini North Oxford have two level 3s one red one silver and a free charger. According to Facebook anyway.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jeremy. Level 3 is a little out of my price range so I'm gonna stick to level 2. If it wasn't for the lack of parking sensors I'd be more than happy with level 1. :)

1 - 20 of 261 Posts