Mini Cooper Forum banner

201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
If I'm totally honest, I prefer mine. Also......this one has been a demo and it's a bit of a state. All the inside of the door has been kicked to death...the edges of the doors are all chipped from being opened on multiple walls...and it also seems to have a good few rattles.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
this one has been a demo and it's a bit of a state. All the inside of the door has been kicked to death...the edges of the doors are all chipped from being opened on multiple walls...and it also seems to have a good few rattles.
I don't understand why people do this. Even if I am loaned a car or use a demonstrator, I look after it.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
You should see what people do to cars-especially those that have children-you can read the story of the car through the state of the inside-reps BMW-drivers seat a bit gruffty, as are carpets. lots of stone chips on front bumper, immaculate elsewhere-unused rear seats/ carpets. Family Citroen Picanto; sweets, spilled drinks crisps, grufted gum and often spilled coffee -extra rear seats folded away-beware-they can be growing !

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 · (Edited)
The dealer just called.

The door card has been sorted. The eDrive sound had been disabled for some reason so that just needed to be re-enabled. The shifter is broken inside. MINI have told the dealer to replace the full part rather than fixing it. Unfortunately, the part is on back order and won't be in for around 10 days.

They gave me the option of either shipping the car back to me and then shipping it back down when the part comes in, or just leaving it with them and keeping the courtesy car until the part arrives. I've opted to just keep hold of the courtesy car for now......no sense in having them drive the car up and down the country. :)

As annoying as the situation is, I can't fault the way it's been handled by Sandal Huddersfield. :)

Looking forward to getting my charger in on Tuesday now.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Fantastic, sounds like once the parts are in it'll be sorted-good news-and you've a week or so hooning around in a car putting smiles on someone elses tyres!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Fantastic, sounds like once the parts are in it'll be sorted-good news-and you've a week or so hooning around in a car putting smiles on someone elses tyres!
I like the way you think sir! :)

The only thing now is, because I'm keeping it longer I've had to connect my phone for calls and music. As much as the speakers are fine in mine......there's no doubt the HK sounds better. :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Really pleased things are getting sorted for you. Its a shame they didn't pick these issues up on the pre delivery inspection though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 · (Edited)
Really pleased things are getting sorted for you. Its a shame they didn't pick these issues up on the pre delivery inspection though.
Thanks mate...much appreciated! :)

The door trim should've definitely been picked up...though I obviously didn't notice it I think these things should be checked. I can see how the shifter made it past the checks as it was just by chance that I happened to push it in that direction. I'm surprised the lack of noise wasn't picked up but I suppose they're jumping in and out of cars all day and probably don't even notice the noises anymore.

According to the dealer...as they've received the car directly from MINI UK, the main checks are supposed to have already been carried out and the dealer just does the final health checks before the car goes out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes you can really give it big licks and have some fun for the next 10 days! Glad they've got it sorted for you, big up to Sandal Huddersfield! I'd say that was a win, win and the charger's on the way too!
If it were me I would leave the droning noise turned off, it does my head in! o_Oo_Oo_O

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts
Great to hear that you've got to the bottom of all the issues and that you're sticking with it, as after nearly five months I still can't stop smiling every time I get in the car!! :) :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Yes you can really give it big licks and have some fun for the next 10 days! Glad they've got it sorted for you, big up to Sandal Huddersfield! I'd say that was a win, win, I'm on the gin, gin and the charger's on the way too!
If it were me I would leave the droning noise turned off, it does my head in! o_Oo_Oo_O
I can neither confirm nor deny the giving of any big licks...though I have been smiling more than usual this week. ;)

Re: the noise......I actually quite like it...plus I didn't want to potentially run into any legal issues in the future. :)

Great to hear that you've got to the bottom of all the issues and that you're sticking with it, as after nearly five months I still can't stop smiling every time I get in the car!! :) :)
I've certainly enjoyed the miles I've put on these cars so far......so much so that I've actually been looking forward to going to work over the past few days.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
The charger was installed this morning. All done and dusted in 2 hours.

I know the last 20% is slower, but how long does it normally take. I'd only done a few miles so it's only charging from 85%, but it's estimating 1hr20m for that last 15%.

I can't get the car any closer, and reversing onto the drive isn't always an option. I was a little concerned that stretching the cable would put too much weight on the charging ports but the installer said it wouldn't be an issue. Thoughts?

79C90493-27BC-41F0-9AB4-CA8D9106D123.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Looks fine to me-the car and charger connections are pretty substantial. Not sure what you could do other than design some props?

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Looks fine to me-the car and charger connections are pretty substantial. Not sure what you could do other than design some props?
Thanks mate...as I said...the installer said it'd be fine but I wanted to get a second opinion from you guys.

I was gonna lay it across a couple of cones......I thought it'd keep the weight off the cable and stop the postman tripping over it. However...SWMBO said no! :)

As for the charging speed in the last 20%, it went from 85-99% in 45mins so all looks good there too. :)

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts
What you have looks fine but you can buy longer cables if that will make it easier. There are a couple of web sites that sell them and worth shopping around.
AC charging is fairly constant time wise, it’s DC charging where the last 10% can take ages.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
I hope it does slow down a little in the last 20% on AC, otherwise I'm looking at around 5.5 hours for a full charge which isn't in line with the quoted figures.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts
15 to 100% (29kWh) on a 7kWh home charger is around 4.5 hours. With the battery at 25% and above it should be within the 4 hour Octopus Go window.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
15 to 100% (29kWh) on a 7kWh home charger is around 4.5 hours. With the battery at 25% and above it should be within the 4 hour Octopus Go window.
Spot on...thanks mate! :)

In other news...the part has arrived early for my car so I should hopefully have the Silent Assassin back in the next couple of days. :)

201 - 220 of 261 Posts