Mini Cooper Forum banner

161 - 180 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
171 Posts
My Mini had a bit of a mare yesterday when I turned off WiFi on my phone whilst out and about and I forgot, started driving and no CarPlay! It was only a 25 minute drive home and Bluetooth music worked but the sound quality was a lot quieter.
Can’t wait to get back to some sort of commute so I can find out these ‘quirks’ a lot quicker than one year on of ownership...
Good to hear you’re enjoying the Silent Assassin - can’t wait to hear more :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had my first traffic light Grand Prix today from a roundabout onto a dual carriageway. A golf (not sure what gen) pulled alongside and gave a look that said "I'm going to destroy you in your adorable little electric car.". According to my passenger, his face said something very different as we pulled away and left him for dead. :)

I couldn't decide on a name for the little fella but I think I've finally found one......from this day forth he shall be known as............The Silent Assassin. :D
Thats funny! My family usually call me that after I've eaten sprouts? :giggle:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 · (Edited)
Edit: The bodyshop wanted to charge me but the local dealers service department has now booked me in under warranty.

Just spoke to the local main dealers bodyshop. They'll sort the trim out but it'll cost me £65 for an hours labour plus extra if they find any clips need replacing. Looks like I'm gonna have to trek back down to Huddersfield. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Just been out in ours-no sideways movement of the gear stick-fore and aft only whether in drive , neutral, or reverse-stationary or moving if you know what I mean-it simply won't move easily to the side-either side !

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
72 Posts
Edit: The bodyshop wanted to charge me but the local dealers service department has now booked me in under warranty.

Just spoke to the local main dealers bodyshop. They'll sort the trim out but it'll cost me £65 for an hours labour plus extra if they find any clips need replacing. Looks like I'm gonna have to trek back down to Huddersfield. :(
Surely if its under warranty (faulty parts or workmanship) you shouldn't have to pay labour on it? Its obviously defective if its come away like that by just opening and closing the door.
It doesn't give much hope for quality control then, does it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just been out in ours-no sideways movement of the gear stick-fore and aft only whether in drive , neutral, or reverse-stationary or moving if you know what I mean-it simply won't move easily to the side-either side !
Same here, it only moves forward and backward, no sideways movement at all.
Maybe that's something else that needs checking when they sort out the door trim!

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Is it a Mini dealer who want to charge you for the door trim-if so that's well out of order. Assume they are not where you got the car from and they want you to go back there but surely unless they had the trim off for a reason it's a warranty job. Akanaten; we don't know if the car left the factory like that-it could have had the door panel removed for some reason? Am assuming this is why the local dealer wont' do it for free-they don't think it left the factory like that-only guessing though? Quality control at Mini is very good imo.
Keep us posted Ventmore and good luck. Be nice to get some reasons from them !

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 · (Edited)
Same here, it only moves forward and backward, no sideways movement at all.
Maybe that's something else that needs checking when they sort out the door trim!
🤔...that's weird......thanks for checking guys.

It does have a bit of resistance but it definitely moves across in mine. Here's a video:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Is it a Mini dealer who want to charge you for the door trim-if so that's well out of order. Assume they are not where you got the car from and they want you to go back there but surely unless they had the trim off for a reason it's a warranty job. Akanaten; we don't know if the car left the factory like that-it could have had the door panel removed for some reason? Am assuming this is why the local dealer wont' do it for free-they don't think it left the factory like that-only guessing though? Quality control at Mini is very good imo.
Keep us posted Ventmore and good luck. Be nice to get some reasons from them !
The bodyshop of the local main dealer wanted to charge me. However, when I called the service department at the same dealer they said they'd get it sorted under warranty.

I think there may be a problem with the trim as the piano black isn't sitting flush against the main trim either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The bodyshop of the local main dealer wanted to charge me. However, when I called the service department at the same dealer they said they'd get it sorted under warranty.

I think there may be a problem with the trim as the piano black isn't sitting flush against the main trim either.
Hope they sort it under warrenty for you.
If a dealerships (I'm assuming a small percentage) want to charge people because they 'assume' you've messed with something yourself, how do you prove you haven't? Or that its Mini's fault?
Can see it being a bit iffy if they stick to their guns!
When your car is under warranty, you should have peace of mind when something like this happens, thats what its there for. (Given that it falls into the warrenty re-mit)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
That is bizarre about your shifter. I just went and tried to move mine sideways when in P, R, and D - it does not move either left or right.
Thanks for trying mate......I wonder if it's something to do with mine being one of the earliest electrics.

I've emailed the dealer to see if he can have a word with the service guys......he hadn't seen it before when I spoke to him earlier but maybe they have.

·
Registered
2021 Mini Cooper SE
41 Posts
The automatic uses the same shifter with a side movement for manual shift maybe somehow that shifter arrangement got mixed with the SE version from the Mini vendor, just a thought.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
171 Posts
Seems really odd for it to shift to the side when no sports option? Definitely looks like my MCS when I shift it into sport.

161 - 180 of 261 Posts