Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet the Twini, a project car built by San Francisco tuner Jacques Andres that packs a traditional 1.6-litre supercharged Mini engine into both ends of the car. This Cooper is built for endurance racing and is AWD. The Twini even has two transmissions.

Check out Jay Leno taking a closer look at the Twini.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This mini definitely packs a punch. Not one but two engines. Well at least if one goes he still has another to keep it moving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So is there really just one or two transmissions keep everything together here? interesting project car. Glad Jay had a chance to give her a rip around the block. I wonder what he really has to say about it ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
wicked project mini one of the coolest I have seen. I wonder how much money they put in to get to where they are at.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Way too much! I would never venture that far with a mini unless I had a lot of disposable income laying around.
Obviously yea. One day I'll make as much money as Jay Leno and then people will pay me to drive cars like this (but only if I make a little video about it.)

I wonder what this MINI is like to drive. I imagine it being very loud and shaky with the two engines in it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not a new concept. Twinny Minis have been built
since the early 1960s. Do a Google image search and
you'll see dozens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not a new concept. Twinny Minis have been built
since the early 1960s. Do a Google image search and you'll
see dozens of them.