Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been wathcing this forum for quite a while now, so eventually I decided to register... I am waiting for my new mini to be delivered, and it seems forever. I used to have an MGF, and after two kids and a station wagon, it only seemed fair to trade the classic F with a mini... they are both british (sort of speak), with respectable history and are both classics.
Although I have a VIN (since Nov 7th), time passes by realy slow, and I can't track the car... So, any specifics about car delivery would help. (I read it takes about 2-3 weeks, to reach the dealer).
Last, I have been confused about iPhone 6 connectivity with visual boost, as I thought that having an iPhone with a mini connected would make my life quite easier, and now I read from the www.mini.com/connected/compatibility that office is disabled (so no sms, e-mails, etc) and video playback is not working. So visual boost is a waste of money... Any expected updates or news regarding iPhone 6 compatibility? please share, thx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome Dimitri.

My MINI was built on November 5th and is due to arrive with the dealer this Friday. Was told we could have it from Monday 17th but we are going to pick it up on Friday 21st. What I found a little odd was the MINI arrived at the dealers compound in Newbury last Friday 7th, but will have taken a week to move from there to the actually dealer in Hook.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for collection! :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
My MINI was born on Oct. 31. Missed the first ship out of Southampton. Nov. 10, finally got on the next ship and is now slowly inching its way through the English Channel. Estimated arrival in California, Dec 7. Who knows how many weeks after that I should have it.

I envy you guys in the UK.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My MINI was built Oct 29th and arrived at the dealer yesterday, I was also surprised how long it took to get from the compound to the dealer. Due to collect it tomorrow so I am very excited. Unlike others here I didn't get a video which is a shame. Something to mark on the feedback form I suspect.

I feel for you guys in the US it seems to take an age to cross the pond and get to the dealers over there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well...customer service is not exactly high on the list here in Italy. I haven't heard from my dealer since I confirmed the purchase.
I wouldnt take it personally, my dealer is 30 miles from the factory and has been equally uncommunicative.

Lots of emails prior to purchase, not one update initiated by them since ordering almost 3 weeks ago, and this was on a F55 that was in theory already scheduled that I was taking over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.