Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my winters last week, and put them on at the weekend. I was expecting some sort of caps for the centre, but once they're on I like the look.

Thought it would be interesting to see who's rocking what over the winter. :D

These are the mini steelies with pirelli snowcontrol.

And for the winter, rubber mats too

And since it was such a nice day, I cleaned and sealed the victory spokes before they got stashed away. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Jasper has dezent alloys in graphite from my tyres £290. Inc pnp mini [email protected] £330 fitted and balanced. I had the 16" tyres from a previous car and they are handbook winter inept 195 50 16. Really they should be 55 but they only change the rolling circumference by 3% which is fine apparently!

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Oops I loVE predictive text. The tyres are hankook winter I cept .LOL

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
I see you've roof rails Mike's wagon. Me too not fitted the roof bars yet but think they look nice. Bet there aren't many around like ours!

·
Registered
998 Posts
how much were the steel set fitted? i'm in two minds whether to go down this route with the mini. i've run winter wheel & tyres on my mx-5 for the last 5 years before switching into the mini. they were definitely needed on the mx but the mini is a pretty solid car in snow conditions, especially with brand new tyres on

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see you've roof rails Mike's wagon. Me too not fitted the roof bars yet but think they look nice. Bet there aren't many around like ours!
I would bet/hope that there are no more in Aberdeen with roof rails. Roof bars are on my christmas list (Kirsty/Callum in case you see this :D) Like your wheels btw, if I'd had winter tyres to swap on they were on my short list.

how much were the steel set fitted? i'm in two minds whether to go down this route with the mini. i've run winter wheel & tyres on my mx-5 for the last 5 years before switching into the mini. they were definitely needed on the mx but the mini is a pretty solid car in snow conditions, especially with brand new tyres on
I'm not entirely sure, as the mats were on the same invoice. I think they were roughly £500 all in, which I'm happy with. The alloys package was more than twice that. I just picked them up and fitted them myself at the weekend, but I believe the price was the same for them to fit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Hat,
The wife's F56 Cooper steel wheels with winter tyres (non run flats) including MINI wheel trims and tyre kit and valve sensors was £640 all in with the dealer discount.

My F56 Cooper S came in at £1220 for 16" Spoke alloys with Dunlop winter run flats, tyre pressure valves and MINI centre caps included. Once again the dealer did me discount for buying early and for two sets.

There is an excellent configurator on the MINI website where you can inout your car model and have a play with the options available to you.

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Thanks Mike's wagon didn't realize mini did steel wheels else may have seriously considered saving a bit of cash. Do like the dezents tho.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a good deal on the 16 inch alloy winter wheels package.
Paid £1000 for them but fitted mysef and storing them myself.

Will post some pics when the weather improves a bit.

·
Registered
998 Posts
struggling to find a fitting company that lists 16" steels for the Cooper S. Mytyres don't list them, only 15" for the Cooper

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
For very little more you can have alloys from them.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts