Mini Cooper Forum banner

881 - 900 of 938 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
No sadly it is drivers door only! Will a puddle light on the other side but not the call for the ba t mobile!

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
I was thinking the same; expensive but I'd like to do it! Wonder if the wiring is the same or different!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
learned something new tonight that maybe handy for winter. I was rearranging cars on the drive as we have too many. I pressed the Remote to Lock the car while it was still running as i had the key upon me, and it locked the car doors and boot while still running and warming up to prevent theft.

most cars ive driven with keyless wont lock while the engine is running and the keys outside which is a bit of a theft risk so wouldnt do it, but in the mini you can have the car or windows/mirrors defrosting while you finish getting ready for work :)
I tried this at the weekend and it just sounded the horn and didn’t lock... perhaps it has been changed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Only the driver's side exterior mirror dims not both.

I’ve always been disappointed that my side mirror doesn’t dim noticeably. I asked my mini service guy if it was working and he said yeah. But I don’t really trust my mini service people very well. I’ve always shrugged and ignored it because I do like my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
I tried this at the weekend and it just sounded the horn and didn’t lock... perhaps it has been changed.
IIRC, when I did this to mine, it sounded the horn but did lock.

Unfortunately, unlike my M135, you can get in the car, put it in drive and move off. On my M135, it wouldn't get out of Park without the key in the car. Now that is security...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You can get the puddle lights for both sides here in the US. I think I got mine from Outmotoring.com The one on the driver's side (left side here) keeps failing. I am on #4 now, but they aren't that expensive and easy to replace.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
IIRC, when I did this to mine, it sounded the horn but did lock.

Unfortunately, unlike my M135, you can get in the car, put it in drive and move off. On my M135, it wouldn't get out of Park without the key in the car. Now that is security...
hmmm, I'll test this again in that case..

·
Registered
96 Posts
You know what is downright bizarre? The car has no spare tire, but does have a cheap cheesy jack. If I have no spare why do I need to carry a jack around in the car? It's just weird if I were the manufacturer and I'm eliminating the spare the jack would go too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, first post!

I’ve had my 2015 MCS exactly a week today so I’ve been reading through all 90 pages of this thread to inhale as much info and as many pointers as possible so thank you and hello!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I didn't realise until last week that the 'green' mileage you accrue starts to decrease once you get towards an empty tank. Went from +30 to +10 and thought it was my lead foot until I worked it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,786 Posts
Didn't realise that either but tbh the use of green mode in Nigel is very minimal-handy in the auto for coasting in large vols of traffic if no fun to be had but i very quickly get fed up of its sluggish nature and bang it back to sport!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Phew!!!!!
Just finished all 90 pages and have learned so much. So many great nuggets of information.
I’ve had my MCS for 2 weeks now and love it!
Playing around with it today I discovered you can select the number of indicator flashes (1,3 or 5) when you move the stalk gently up or down.
Looking forward to finding out more.
Cheers all.??

·
Registered
32 Posts
so after owning my Mini Seven now for just under 3 weeks i am proud to announce something not on this thread :) I parked up at the local takeaway this evening and got out got back in and it started rolling back. Ooops i forgot to put the hand brake on luckily even with the engine off hill start assist kept the car in place :)

881 - 900 of 938 Posts