Mini Cooper Forum banner

901 - 920 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a new thing but i love the fact that they engineered in an optimum stop position for the sunroof that is less than fully open but allows in the maximum amount of air

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adaptive cruise control has an upper limit of 85mph. You need to turn the adaptive bit off if you want to set it higher.
Pav911 how do you turn off the adaptive part? I thought I was au fait with all settings, but perhaps not. When cruising at more then 85mph, I’ve been setting the limiter and holding the throttle which can be a bit wearing on a long drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After nearly 4 years of ownership of F55 MCS and thinking I had found everything there is to know abiut my Mini, I’m still finding new things from this thread like quick double press on open on key fob to drop windows halfay for access in tight spaces. Who knew!
Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as i know there is no printed multimedia manual. The only manual is what is available In car on the screen menus.
You can view and search the manual if you download the Mini app to iPad or iPad. Not sure about Android. Then you can view at your leisure. The manual will adapt itself to your Mini build if you enter your VIN. It will also show videos of how some opuons work like adaptive cruise control.

·
Super Moderator
6,785 Posts
Salesman yesterday told me the car has 12 year antiperforation warranty-that's impressive! Mind you don't see many rusty BMW minis-unlike the Austin Rover original which dissolved at the sight of wet weather!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pav911 how do you turn off the adaptive part? I thought I was au fait with all settings, but perhaps not. When cruising at more then 85mph, I’ve been setting the limiter and holding the throttle which can be a bit wearing on a long drive.

I think I held the distance (from car in front) button for a few seconds. I’ll have to take a trip on the motorway to try it out again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think I held the distance (from car in front) button for a few seconds. I’ll have to take a trip on the motorway to try it out again.
That is how you switch from auto to manual cruise, just hold down either distance control button

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found out today... if you are planning to use the cigarette lighter wiring below the center stack, don't assume it is switched power like prior generations. I was having my Garmin GPS hard wired today and discovered this little fact. Ended up getting power from the panel on the outside of the passenger footwell.
Do you mean it's powered all the time? Even with the car locked etc? Great for dash cam with park mode.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve a 2019 MCS with 6.5 Visual Boost. I cannot save any function shortcut on the radio 1-6 buttons, just radio stations. When I long pressed any of the buttons, a message “Cannot store” appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’ve a 2019 MCS with 6.5 Visual Boost. I cannot save any function shortcut on the radio 1-6 buttons, just radio stations. When I long pressed any of the buttons, a message “Cannot store” appeared.

Try back up one level, highlighting what you want to be saved and then saving with a long press

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts

Didn't even know that was an option. Really should read the manual one day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This might not be specific to the F56 Mini, but I noticed the other day that if I have my rear wiper on and I put the car in reverse, the rear wiper picks up speed to ensure sustained clear visibility. Made me smile. :)

901 - 920 of 938 Posts