Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've had my Cooper S for a week I can point out a few things that seem like an accountant has been at work. I love this car but I wish they had left a few more quality items on the redesign.

1. No stainless steel pedals :eek:

2. The fuel filler feels cheap compared to my Mk1 S :(

3. No lighting for the rear passengers :confused:

4. Coat hooks in the rear not up to holding more than one piece of clothing :mad:

I don't know what the previous model was like. I wasn't expecting some of these omissions. It won't stop me having fun as this car is soooo much better in so many ways than my original.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The above items prob wouldn't expect to cost the world to improve on, and suppose for the Minis price you expect quality as it does come at a huge premium over the rivals.

The one that gets me is the stupid reverse gear feature on the six speeds, don't know if they've made it any better but how much nicer when going back and forth manovering would it be to fit a gator that raises under the gear stick like ford do, or press the whole gear stick down like VAG group do. Love the cars but it just seems a cheap and nasty tactic that could be so easily fixed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Good thread!

I love my new car but there are a few small things that could be better.

Needlessly complex audio control for USB , discussed on another thread. Also radio stations tricky to store.

Storage in the car is poor. The little net in the passenger footwell is now rubbish. Cup holders are also poor and don't grip a coffee like they used to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Radio stations tricky to store indeed kenl

That's not too much of a pain but accessing tracks on an iPod definitely takes too many button presses. Just a little non intuitive.

I love my new car - the quality of the plastics is so much higher but I just felt that a few of the features had been cheapened - hence the thread

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't you just hold down a favourites button to store a radio station? Or do you mean something else?

The cup holders are wide and shallow compared to my last car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No CD player... sign of the times tho?
The sales guy I ordered through explicitly pointed out repeatedly that I would have to get the 6-disc DVD changer for any sort of CD player. I can see why some people would take issue with this, but I'd actually probably prefer not to have one because of simplicity and I never use the one I have now.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Don't you just hold down a favourites button to store a radio station? Or do you mean something else?

The cup holders are wide and shallow compared to my last car.
Mark - I thought that was what you did at first but when I did this, I got a bong from the radio but they did not stick. I eventually got it to work by first saving them using the controller wheel and then pressing and holding down the button.
I don't think I could do it again today without a struggle.

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
I think it's a real shame they have gone from the rechargeable key in the slot as in r56 without comfort access to one with a battery. I loved the fact you didn't ever need to change a battery.

Also they got rid of the brilliant r56 roof rack design so to fit one now you need roof bars grrrr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts