Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stolen from the similar thread regarding the JCW options that you wish were available. Having ordered, received and lived with your F56 for a while, what options are you glad you selected? And what options do you wish you had chosen? May help those new Mini owners who are still deciding.

Personally, I think the Visual Boost radio is something I utilise all the time, and I really like the chrome line exterior and interior.

I wish i'd gone for heated seats and the arm rest, but love the Mini as it is. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Interesting topic @BristolMini.. I love my media xl, center arm rest and the sunroof. I was absolutely happy with every thing untill I drove a mini with the head up display. If I config a new mini then I would surely be ticking the head up display, harmon sterio and led lights. But then there is no end to our wants... ;-))

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting topic @BristolMini.. I love my media xl, center arm rest and the sunroof. I was absolutely happy with every thing untill I drove a mini with the head up display. If I config a new mini then I would surely be ticking the head up display, harmon sterio and led lights. But then there is no end to our wants... ;-))
Yeah the head up display does seem cool. And I forgot about the LED lights.. I kind of wish I had them, at least for the drls. There's an F56 coupe that I keep seeing by me that has the circular LED drls, and they look very good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love the heads up display - can't imagine the car without. I've got the armrest and use it every single time I drive. I especially like that it can go down as well as up, making it easier to reach the iDrive knob. I'm looking forward to heated seats this winter.

I wish I had sprung for the XL visual boost and navigation. That would have allowed for split screen displays (i.e., two things at once) and added the dynamic cruise control (which adjusts your cruise speed when the vehicle in front you is going slower than you).

I opted to delete the sport seats from my Cooper S and I am very pleased with the standard seats. I had sports seats once upon a time in an Audi TT and found them massively uncomfortable for longer drives.

Reactions: TraceyC

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love the heads up display - can't imagine the car without. I've got the armrest and use it every single time I drive. I especially like that it can go down as well as up, making it easier to reach the iDrive knob. I'm looking forward to heated seats this winter.

I wish I had sprung for the XL visual boost and navigation. That would have allowed for split screen displays (i.e., two things at once) and added the dynamic cruise control (which adjusts your cruise speed when the vehicle in front you is going slower than you).

I opted to delete the sport seats from my Cooper S and I am very pleased with the standard seats. I had sports seats once upon a time in an Audi TT and found them massively uncomfortable for longer drives.
May only be the case in Canada, but the dynamic cruise control is only with the driving assistant package. Doesn't come with the xl visual boost/navigation

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think you are correct about the Driving Assistant package. I had wanted it but managed to not get it. Not a huge deal, but if I had it to over again I'd have paid more attention to what was and wasn't included.

My advice to people still in the pre-order process is to make a list of all the features you want/need and then triple check that you've ordered the right combination of packages/options to get those features.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Glad to have: HUD, led lights, Harman Kardon, the full media XL package, JCW exhaust (although I will know that for sure later today since the car is at the dealer at this moment to have it fitted after a waiting period of 3 months!)

Wish to have: Active Damper Control. I was in doubt but you have to draw the line somewhere. My sales rep didn't really see the added value because the Cooper S has a good balance between hard and comfortable but I hear from others that it does make a difference and is worth the money. What I also miss is the dvd/cd player. Took me some time to upgrade all my mp3 files to a higher bitrate but once you have it all on the harddrive it's nice to have all your music on board.

Things I really didn't need so didn't select: PDC, rear view camera, sunroof, leather sport seats (the standard Cooper S seats which are semi leather are perfect for me)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my car off the lot and the two things I was looking for was a sunroof and visual boost. The car I ended up getting had the Media XL with navigation and I love it. I know a lot of people dislike OEM nav systems but I have been super impressed with the MINI/BMW one. It's also very handy to be able to access it with a quick press of a button and have it right on a large screen (as opposed to a phone screen). It helped a ton during the summer time while on vacation.

The two things I sometimes wish I had were the HUD and harmon kardon. Audio systems are sort of hit and miss IMO and the extra speakers with the visual boost help a lot so I don't feel too bad there. The HUD is awesome though and should I get another MINI, I'll definitely be getting that. I remember thinking at first that the HUD was a gimmick but it does indeed keep your eyes on the road and paired with navigation is super helpful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
All the things that have already have been said such as the visual boost radio really make the car enjoyable for me, I'm really pleased I got the LED headlights too.

I was just thinking today thought how please I am with the JCW steering wheel, gives such a quality and nice feeling in your hands. So pleased I opted for that after advice on this forum. A reasonable option at £75 too!

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Only thing i'd add is full leather; but i do like the half! Love my car and dont feel it needs anything else although the driver assist graphics that are blank annoy me a bit!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wish I'd added the driver assist pack. The demonstrator had it and I thought it was fab. My HUD is a bit pointless without it - unless I have Satnav guidance on. I think my salesman was a bit rubbish though... he should've known/sold his product better and being a newb to MINI, I didn't really know any better ...... heck it took numerous phonec alls to add LED lights to my order ...my salesman was adamant I got Xenons!! Jeez....

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Yes so many options i reckon the salespeople need to really do their homework. I love my hud, but you are quite right Donna, it would be much better with the driver assist package so i could see the speed limit on it! I love the heated front screen, the colour,, heated seats,hk hifi with hard drive, love the album art , the led's and the way it lights up when you open it, also really love the speed limiter-real licence saver.Love the engine/performance/ economy combo £20 a year road tax and 48mpg or a little flying machine! Sado me just loves the car and never get tired of looking/cleaning/driving it!

·
Registered
608 Posts
We kinda went nuts ticking boxes, so Hurbert II is pretty highly spec'd. The only things we managed to miss off was keyless entry and foldy mirrors, which was a bit annoying.

One thing you can't get, but I wish you could, are electric memory seats. I'm 6'2" and my wife, well, isn't (there's a debate whether she's 5'4 or 5'5 :)). In the Audi it's no problem, the key she uses knows it is her and does her seat forward and raised (+ mirrors, steering wheel, settings etc) and when I get in, the car it's all back how I left it. With the JCW it's all pumpy pumpy, adjust mirrors etc and, frankly, a bit of a pain.. 1st world problems eh?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We kinda went nuts ticking boxes, so Hurbert II is pretty highly spec'd. The only things we managed to miss off was keyless entry and foldy mirrors, which was a bit annoying.

One thing you can't get, but I wish you could, are electric memory seats. I'm 6'2" and my wife, well, isn't (there's a debate whether she's 5'4 or 5'5 :)). In the Audi it's no problem, the key she uses knows it is her and does her seat forward and raised (+ mirrors, steering wheel, settings etc) and when I get in, the car it's all back how I left it. With the JCW it's all pumpy pumpy, adjust mirrors etc and, frankly, a bit of a pain.. 1st world problems eh?
I was just talking yesterday to a friend saying about electric adjusted seats. I have the same problem as I can't fit my legs under the steering wheel after my girlfriend has been in! I suppose we could just not let them drive it ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was just talking yesterday to a friend saying about electric adjusted seats. I have the same problem as I can't fit my legs under the steering wheel after my girlfriend has been in! I suppose we could just not let them drive it ;)
Yeah.. right.. More likely the other way round! I value my knackers...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.