Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ok to start us off what makes your new F56 JCW special

Also for members that had R56 S /JCW what do you miss or feel is better in new car, let the discussion begin
Tbh everything it's years ahead of the r56 which I loved but this car is better in every way especially the torque this baby has ???

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Noise.

There is no doubt at all that my new F56 burbles, pops and crackles more often, and louder, than my old R56.

In sport, especially in manual, the noise on over run is so good I don't need the HK playing !! >:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dave surly it has to to the jcw pro bits ??:)
Serious now......1. JCW Pro parts:nerd:
2. Lapis/Chilli combo:x
3. LED D/Lamps:)
4. JCW Aero kit:cool:
5. JCW Exhaust and firework display!>:D
6. JCW No Plate:D
7. Racechip Ultimate>:D

Basically I love everything,even the Auto ( but except the paint rubbing:crying:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's quicker, more efficient, quieter, handles better, stops better, and has better working headlights than any factory MINI before it. It's a huge bonus that it also has an excellent quality interior and the harman/kardon sounds great.

Qualifier: I've owned three R53's, an R56 MCS and an R56 MCS w/JCW tuning kit.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Serious now......1. JCW Pro parts:nerd:
2. Lapis/Chilli combo:x
3. LED D/Lamps:)
4. JCW Aero kit:cool:
5. JCW Exhaust and firework display!>:D
6. JCW No Plate:D
7. Racechip Ultimate>:D

Basically I love everything,even the Auto ( but except the paint rubbing:crying:)
That number plate of yours is bloody ace mate, really is, so much so that I'm now on the hunt for a new JCW plate.....

·
Registered
608 Posts
1) Not having any JCW Pro stuff. Makes it unique amongst you lot!
2) Stripes
3) Point and squirtability
4) "Tiny" car, big noise.
5) General "Hurbertyness"
6) Stripes
7) Having a teeny fuel tank, when you're used to putting 90litres of V-Power in, this seems really cheap :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
That number plate of yours is bloody ace mate, really is, so much so that I'm now on the hunt for a new JCW plate.....
Jelster about a month ago I saw OO56 JCW and XX56 JCW for sale around £500 if I remember right...........probably on DVLC site.
I think they were the best of the combinations available.........unless there is a J56 JCW I missed:) Get searching!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For me the sound on over run, and start up
The engine torque great and pulls well in any gear all be it power delivery a bit to smooth
Interior quality and seats love them
VDC great balance of compliant ride and great handling in sport , all be it under tired and the Dunlop sport maxx lake the fantastic grip from my conti's on our BMW
The good attention and glances you get in the car and love the Chilli Red Roof

Had R56 S from new for 7 years and the F56 JCW is just completely in a different league IMHO , interior as good as our BMW and feels solid and quiet when you want and nice growl and turbo noise when you want.
For me BMW have done it again challenged the hard core fans to be open minded and try what they think was the best way for progression styling apart I feel they got it bang on like M4

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I forgot to add the fantastic Brembo brakes they are not over aggressive but have huge stopping power
Yeah, I stopped about 3 metres short on the test drive as I came up to a roundabout...

Haven't done enough miles to bed them in yet though.

Another like, the seats, man they support you well, and very comfortable on my bad back...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another JCW fact. You can get (just) a 55" telly in a box in one.. The drive home was a bit uncomfortable. The salesman was a bit too good...
:eek: this reminds me on a trip to halfords in the R56 S for two large bottle tool boxes the guy looked and laughed you ain't taking them home in the mini , he had to eat humble pie and scratch his head a few times on my way out the car park lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Green mode ? what's that ?

Mid & Sport are the ONLY modes my JCW are ever going to see. I'll never use "Green" and the Mrs wouldn't know how to to change it... >:D

After 2 years with an M135i, anything that starts with a 3 is good :D
Few crisis averted , yes I have had a 3 addiction e30 e46 e90 f31 but I hanker after a 2 next but adding a very important mmmmmm
>:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.