Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Few crisis averted , yes I have had a 3 addiction e30 e46 e90 f31 but I hanker after a 2 next but adding a very important mmmmmm
>:D
Ah, wrong end of the stick... I meant any MPG that started with a 3 (i.e. better than 29). Whilst I did manage to get 38mpg from the 135 once, it was in Eco mode with a long stretch of motorway construction (50mph limit). Generally it was an average of 25-27. On a back lane blast I have seen it as low as 12 :eek:

· Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Oh, a couple more:

The way your friends say "A Mini?" then when they see it, get in and get taken for a drive, they start saying "I gotta get one of these!"

The way people just look at you as you go down the High Street. Awesome !

· Registered
48 Posts
LOl Jelster wrong end of the stick right enough , since I had my e30 325i sport in 80's always loved Three's but missed the e36 for some reason
I want another e30 badly
My mum had a mint 318is on a H reg, I would give anything to find that car again! Hopefully it would still be in the same condition. I would buy it in a heartbeat!

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My mum had a mint 318is on a H reg, I would give anything to find that car again! Hopefully it would still be in the same condition. I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Did it have the chequerd seats James? they are starting to fly up in price as the 325i sport mtec ones are to expensive. If it had thats seats i like but my for me i need 6 cylinders in my e30>:D

· Registered
48 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Digging up a 1yr old thread:

The adaptive suspension (DDC) when left in comfort was acceptable (spirited road drives) & sports mode better reserved for track days. (Maybe ride height needs looking into if track focus is of primary concern) Previous F30 had m sport springs (-10mm) with DDC but comfort felt too plush & soft for my liking.

That it has a HUD like my F30 (felt more expensive but F30 did cost more) had + it has kinda like a //M tacho display. Well the HUD was not a deal breaker in my jcw purchase as the instru display still has a digital speedo readout if HUD was not specced. Since it had, felt the additional techo display was a nice-to-have touch.

Very focused outta-box drive vs comfort balance:
This is coming off a R56S (full jcw springs/shocks/arbs mods) & an E87/130i (full E90/92 M lower control arms/bushings/arbs mods) Granted both previous rides were also focused in their own (fwd/rwd) domains, they left me feeling too wanting of my attention just driving it "slowly" on a lazy sunday drive.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Hmm, how did I miss this thread? MITEY2 is no longer new as we put it into service November of 2015, but it is more fun to drive now than when we first drove it. We have drove it moderately hard during break in and then opened it up after the first oil change and service and never looked back. We added the NM module early 2016 followed by the JCW PRO exhaust and some tuning! Then we ripped and snorted, burbled, and popped our way through the Smokey and Blue Ridge mountains. Oh, what a feeling with incalculable twisties, many with panoramic vistas that were largely ignored. The automatic is crisp and responsive and while I still prefer the handling of our R56 JCW slightly more, the F more than makes up for that. I may have to go for the GP when it becomes available, but it will be nigh impossible to lose the JCW, something else in the toy shed will have to be sacrificed! This truly is a great drivers' automobile. It's not perfect, but more than makes up for its short comings!

· Registered
47 Posts
The standard muffler in sports + sport-shift mode was plenty of pop(s) for me already.

Was loaned a F55 with jcw tune & pro muffler while awaiting collection of my jcw. Yeah, in track mode the sound it generated was another league. 3 reasons stopped me:

Become the #1 neighbourhood hoon. Being new in town, I'll be contented with #2 as there's a clio with a full-on pop mode exhaust running around.

Couldn't bear to part with 3k aud sticker for a 8hp gain + nagging when better half see's full length stock exhaust lying around in the garage.

Remembering that I sold off my akrapovic system on my previous ride as I felt embarresed providing half my neighbourhood each workday morning with the cold start wake up alarm!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.