Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My factory wheels are fine they are not ugly 15" Rims they are nice 17" Gloss Black ( don,t know what they are called they are Oem from the factory) and do the job just fine but we all know how the modding bug goes.:D:D

Here is what I have in mind. One Piece DRAG DR-19 Wheel 17x7.5 5/112 gloss black machined lip. I had them on my Mercedes and they looked awesome. $117.00 a piece

also these look very appealing too me. I think the red would go with the melting silver nicely.

4-NEW 17" Inch Touren TR60 17x7.5 5x112 Black/Red Wheels Rims. $ 120.00 a piece

weight wise and the ratings are pretty much the same.

3rd option would be these

New 17" Inch 17x8 Motegi MR118 5x112 +45mm Matte Black Wheels Rims

I am not sure about matte black with the M/Silver

$420.00 a set of Course they are all made in China like anything else. Any Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
8,838 Posts
All VERY nice but option one o r two for me with the third being really nice but probably not quite so nice as the first two. I looked at your second with the red for our jc w but couldn't get a guarantee from any one if they would go over the huge jcw callipers!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly no. I had some Health issues and them Doc. Bills wiped out my modding Budget for the year however I have been looking at Mercedes and Audi Rims that have the same wheel pattern as the Mini cheaper and more options but everything is on hold till Tax Return time.:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
While waiting for two new tires Thursday, I asked the owner of Gran Turismo East in Atlanta his opinion on replacement wheels. His answer was; No matter what brand, they may look good but his experience is they alter the ride of the car in an adverse way and his clients have complained, wish they never swapped them out. He said just stick with the factory wheels.
There are thousands of aftermarket wheels, you'd think they'd have it down.
Anyone have this experience? Thoughts?
What are the best brands? Borla, BBS &...
By the way, props to GT East , quality work, the staff is friendly, professional, & prices are good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts