Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you do not mind the color and options. I have been watching this Mini for a while now and for some reason it is not selling. Look at the Miles. It is a new car after all. How would this work with the warranty since it is a 2014? Warranty starts from when you sign the papers or did you loose already 2 years? I do like the color reminds me of my 944.:)

http://www.minisf.com/VehicleDetails/used-2014-MINI-Cooper_Hardtop--SF-CA/2787101473

· Registered
769 Posts
Interesting that it has manual climate, I thought Automatic was standard, must not have been in 2014. The ad says Pre-Owned but less than 400 miles? Crazy, could have been a dealer demo or in the loaner fleet.
If it is a MINI Certified used car you would have whatever is left of the original warranty and then the MINI CPO Protection should take over.

Reactions: Evlkarl

· Registered
2,082 Posts
You just got your Cooper "broken" in! Or maybe you want another color because your red one seems to attract road debris? ;-). I'm with Peter...go for an S ior JCW if you swap!

Reactions: pjsjr13 and Evlkarl

· Registered
1,189 Posts
If it's new (and not a CPO or service loaner), then the warranty would start from the in-service date, or date the car was sold. I suspect it may have been used as a service loaner (if it has more than a few hundred miles on it, I would suspect that's the case) and if so, then the in-service date would be when the dealer put it into service as they essentially "bought" the car from MINI.

Interesting that it has manual climate, I thought Automatic was standard, must not have been in 2014. The ad says Pre-Owned but less than 400 miles? Crazy, could have been a dealer demo or in the loaner fleet.
If it is a MINI Certified used car you would have whatever is left of the original warranty and then the MINI CPO Protection should take over.
Auto climate (as well as auto wipers and lights) didn't become standard until 2015.

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.