Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay now it's March and I can officially say I'm getting my new mini 'this month' :)

I'm still a little confused re dates - I've got week 10 production but they're saying it won't be at the Dealer til 17th March and will be 5-10 days after that before they've done all the checks/paperwork etc. That seems a longer wait than a lot of you?? Trust me to get lumbered with an ultra slow dealer ;-)

Still, not long now in any case - exciting!

Reactions: Cloverfield

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also - I can't decide whether to go to the launch event in Bristol, or whether to wait and be more surprised/excited about seeing it for the first time when it's delivered. My boyfriend reckons I'll crack and go to the showroom. He's probably right!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Go to the launch and take advantage of the free drinks and nibbles. After all you have paid for them...>:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had a chat with my dealer, they said they would need 2 days to check the car over once it has come into them, 5-10 days seems a little excessive.

Still on course for delivery in week commencing 17 March!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dealer estimates 1 to 2 weeks from them receiving the car. This allows a full PDI and correction. Plus valet.

It does seem like a long time but better than getting a faulty car!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealer estimates 1 to 2 weeks from them receiving the car. This allows a full PDI and correction. Plus valet.

It does seem like a long time but better than getting a faulty car!
Overall Mini build quality seems to be good to me so with that time they need to get it to you, i'd just wait, hopefully it comes out flawless.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I just had a chat with my dealer, they said they would need 2 days to check the car over once it has come into them, 5-10 days seems a little excessive.

Still on course for delivery in week commencing 17 March!
Not too long away now. I really wonder though what exactly they do when they check the car over and if they do anything at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting that you've been told the same timescales Pintie. I wondered if it was because mine is a lease/company car - but perhaps some dealerships just like to be thorough!

Frustrating though that I know it'll be sitting there from the 17th! Maybe I can go and visit haha :)

Reactions: Rps ltd

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a email from the dealership today to confirm that my Mini is now in production and on schedule for delivery to them mid-march :) It's been allocated a chassis number and is moving along nicely apparently.

:)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I got a email from the dealership today to confirm that my Mini is now in production and on schedule for delivery to them mid-march :) It's been allocated a chassis number and is moving along nicely apparently.

:)
Awesome did you get any more updates on the production status of your mini? it would be good to know the exact date it's ready for pick up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're being a bit cagey about an exact date! But it should be at the dealer by Monday. And they've confirmed my new car reg number so that's progress I guess! I think I'll be looking at around 24th for delivery to me, but they won't confirm that yet.

Hurry up mini!!!!! ;-)

Reactions: Rps ltd
1 - 13 of 13 Posts