Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have an F54/B47. I have replaced the rear hub bearing but cannot anywhere find the torque figure for the E18 bolts. Why I do NOT know. Maybe I am an idiot, but I have tried and tried, could someone kindly save my sanity please? Thank you

·
Registered
2014 MCS Thunder Gray Hatch
88 Posts
I'll be honest. I have asked multiple questions on this forum, facebook groups, and reddit groups with no answers for specifications such as torque values. I finally broke down and imported a Haynes manual from UK to US which has all the info I need. I am not sure if the values are the same but I can look them up for you to at least give you a ballpark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Right gents. Thanks. Yes I have done that now after speaking to BMW. I have found the page you showed and thank you for taking the time to upload it. I only had TIS and DIS for older BMW but now have ISTA. 100Nm plus 90 degrees seems quite mad on those little M12 but there we are. Anybody else using the *** bearing note that mine shipped with the wrong bolts. The bearing was identical in every way. I was worried it was different so used live data on my Autel to watch the ABS sensors but all was well. The proper bolts have been ordered from BMW. The old ones will only be on the car for a few days. Stretch bolts should never be reused yet I note some bearing come with no bolts at all which is poor.

Whilst I am typing I will share my experience today with the front brakes. Fitted pads and discs and changed the Brake fluid. On road test all was well until... I had to reverse down a hill to give access. When I braked the front end was clanking. I did it a few more times and noted the front pads are moving about. There were no shims fitted to the caliper mount nor supplied with the pads. It was only after looking at R'OEM that I could see there was supposed to be shims. BMW don't sell them separately, so I am told, nor do ECP or GSF (UK) so I have to source them elsewhere, can anybody send me a link of where to buy a set please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts