Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About to order my Mini f55 5 door Cooper SD as company car. Hopefully next week.
As my budget is limited I thought to go for the "cheap" color! but for some reason I though thunder grey was the one ( but it is the moon grey). So I have made my mind up for thunder grey and maybe skip some features. ;)
But definitely the dark windows in the back and sunroof and an all black interior.
So grey with a lot of black. Make it a tough looking cookie euh Coopie :)

In the Netherlands the Chili pack comes with the same wheels as Bungy has

But I am still hesitant to get the black wheels like Oost has

The light wheels look more light and sporty, the black a bit more mean and sturdy..

And getting then there is the option of the black roof, mirrors and striping....too much choice. Aargh.

What do you think? What were your considerations to choose the additional / or not to choose for additional options?

Thanks

Choosing options... I thought about
- How often will I use it?
- Can it be added later?
- Will I regret not having it?
- What other option could I have for the same money?

I intend to keep the car a long time, so I thought very carefully... if it's only a couple of years then you can play again in the future :)

About to order my Mini f55 5 door Cooper SD as company car. Hopefully next week.
As my budget is limited I thought to go for the "cheap" color! but for some reason I though thunder grey was the one ( but it is the moon grey). So I have made my mind up for thunder grey and maybe skip some features. ;)
But definitely the dark windows in the back and sunroof and an all black interior.
So grey with a lot of black. Make it a tough looking cookie euh Coopie :)

The light wheels look more light and sporty, the black a bit more mean and sturdy..

And getting then there is the option of the black roof, mirrors and striping....too much choice. Aargh.

What do you think? What were your considerations to choose the additional / or not to choose for additional options?

Thanks
I think you are correct, lighter wheels look a bit less aggressive and perhaps a bit more "fun". I've had chrome wheels before and found I cleaned them a lot. BTW in Canada the 17" black rims are an option. I like the black against black plastic trim.

I like the the black roof I think it visually lowers the car and the tint really makes the glass look seamless.

At the moment I am staying away from stripes, mirror caps and roof treatment. This is because I am looking for a more custom result and may add some carbon fibre and blacked out chrome as well. I had stripes on my last car and I think I like this car without (a personal aesthetic). In truth I haven't made up my mind.

You can change a lot with your car as you go, so I would suggest that you go with as little "bling" as possible. If you do stripes for instance and then grow tired of them, you can remove them but it's something that may affect the paint and add costs. A touch of pragmatism (an excellent Dutch trait that I am certainly familiar with) will serve you well.

My thunder grey with the silver cosmos spoke :)
Thanks for sharing this combination!!
Like bit rougher alloys, but with the silver
Looks a bit more sporty.
@MintMark I'll be driving the car for 56 month so long enough :)

Step closer to my decision: black roof - yes because of the sun roof and the tinted windows like @Oost said.

And silver cosmos looks easier to clean than the silver "defaults" that come with the car :D
#lazy

Hey everyone. I had a change of heart recently and have decided to switch from VO over to the cool guy's Thunder Grey. Don't get me wrong VO is still cool but I'm from New Jersey and the weather is awful 5 months out of the year, we just saw a record setting snowfall last season and the salt trucks are nasty too. Washing the bugger would get old fast in my opinion and this is coming from a former Ferrari Detailer lol. I did 3 builds online and have my heart set on the black Victory Wheels, black roof with rails, bright checkered flag mirror caps and scuttles, pano roof, and the thing that really makes it unique...white bonnet stripes (note black roof) what do you think about that build? I'm excited about the roof and bonnet stripe contrast. I think the checkered flag caps will play nicely into it. I'm also going with the JCW interior package along with the red/checkered rear view mirror cap

Here's Mine. I found the grey with black wheels a bit boring...so I upgraded my summer rims and stuck some lights and stripes on and now I happier!
I'm running 215 40 r18's. They are a little noisy but look the part (Pilot SS Michelins)
Hi GregotyK. What are the chrome accents you have under the grill and where can I find them? Are they dealer installed? Thanks in advance!

Hi GregotyK. What are the chrome accents you have under the grill and where can I find them? Are they dealer installed? Thanks in advance!
I ordered them on the car. They are plastic chrome. Check on RealOEM I'm sure like the rear hatch handle you could order them. Work well with the Grey but I swapped for a black rear handle so I could run the stripes through.:)

Here are some of my car...
Love it! The F56 body style is really growing on me. I've been researching the various Generation styling particulars over the years, and although admittedly a bit larger the F56 looks like it's on steroids compared to the earlier versions!

From the rear the F56 is similar to the 2011 (R56) styling, only with larger taillights. The rear fogs are similar to the 2011 (which I like). I don't care for the rear fogs on the outer edges of the rear bumper cover like in some years.

The pics of your car are very nice...well done!

John

Here is mine. Well it will be at the weekend anyway!

I know that the red accents may not be to everyones taste but I've always liked something a little different.

Can't decide whether it's too 'bare' for me, all my previous MINI's have had stripes on and that's what I'm used to. Can't decide whether to put some black ones on (bonnet, roof & boot) or maybe spotlights. Will have to see when I pick it up!

Attachments

Here is mine. Well it will be at the weekend anyway!

I know that the red accents may not be to everyones taste but I've always liked something a little different.

Can't decide whether it's too 'bare' for me, all my previous MINI's have had stripes on and that's what I'm used to. Can't decide whether to put some black ones on (bonnet, roof & boot) or maybe spotlights. Will have to see when I pick it up!
is that from cooper sunderland? i hav seen it onine recently and its very nice

Mine is very similar and i had been thinking of painting those bits red as well

Yep that's the one! Got a 2.5 hour drive up there tomorrow from Nottingham.

I'm not sure how the red bits got on there as on the factory order it's got the chrome line exterior. I will have to ask them tomorrow as it will annoy me to death. Can't decide whether it's something they did at the factory as a special order when it was built (it is the Dealer Principals car so he could have super powers!) or whether it's been done afterwards.

I'm really torn about the stripes/spotlights or whether to just leave well alone. Any ideas? I've never even seen the car as it's all been arranged over the phone, maybe I'll have more of idea when I actually see it!

Not long to go now, can't wait!

Yep that's the one! Got a 2.5 hour drive up there tomorrow from Nottingham.

I'm not sure how the red bits got on there as on the factory order it's got the chrome line exterior. I will have to ask them tomorrow as it will annoy me to death. Can't decide whether it's something they did at the factory as a special order when it was built (it is the Dealer Principals car so he could have super powers!) or whether it's been done afterwards.

I'm really torn about the stripes/spotlights or whether to just leave well alone. Any ideas? I've never even seen the car as it's all been arranged over the phone, maybe I'll have more of idea when I actually see it!

Not long to go now, can't wait!
you will love it.. here is mine http://www.minif56.com/forum/761-mini-f56-pictures/24626-hello-folks.html

personally i think red stripes but not just the plain ones may look decent but i am really not a fan of the spotlights

i was meant to go and see yours the other week so i could gauge if i liked the chrome bits being red or not in the flesh but never made it due to family issues.

If i wasnt at the match tomorrow i may have popped down ha :D

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.