Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's PCP is coming to an end and she wants another 5 door Cooper. I have a couple of questions

I've seen a few with a union jack illuminated in the piece of trim above the glove box and also around the door trim. Is this an option and if so what do we need to order?

Also she is looking at a Cooper Classic, what are people opinions of the standard seats? Her current car has the Sports seats which are very comfortable.

Probable build so far:

COOPER 1.5 DSG 5 door
Solaris Orange
Black Pearl cloth/leatherette sports seats
Comfort Pack
Sunroof
16" Loop Spoke Alloys
Chrome line exterior
Heated windscreen
Darkened rear glass
Sports Steering wheel with cruise control and brake function

Anything you think is a must have or perhaps not worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Zob

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Mini Yours options let you customise certain trim but there is also an option for it to be illuminated. As Mini keep changing what is part of a standard spec and what is an option I would check with the dealer at the time you order to make sure you get all the must haves for you.

Depending on where you live things like heated seat and front screen are handy and as already mentioned the HUD gives you some more display options (although my wife doesn't like it and I think it depends on eyesight, as I had to have my varifocal lens prescription change to make it work for me).

I also prefer the wider central display as this also gives more options and used to be the case you only got traffic updates with the higher spec system, might not be so relevant if you have CarPlay.

I find having the front and rear parking sensors useful especially for higher kerbs, low bollards and the rear camera to see if children are crossing behind the car in car parks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would second comfort plus pack for the folding mirrors, rear camera and parking sensors. Also the anti dazzle rear and wing mirrors are a must for everyone else with their super bright headlights.
Mini driving modes are an option and fun to play with. Just changes throttle and steering but a nice little option.

·
Registered
959 Posts
As far as I can tell, the Union Jack illuminated interior trim is dealer fit rather than factory.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So below spec is what we have decided upon, illuminated dash trim is factory fit. Has anyone seen a Midnight black with Chester leather satellite grey interior? Or should we go safe and have the mini Yours Black leather interior?

Also opinions on Mini Exclusive wheels as you do get a choice of 4 different wheels.

Specification
Mini Hatchback 1.5 Cooper Exclusive 5dr Auto
Petrol
Automatic
Metallic - Midnight black
Comfort Plus Pack
Mini Yours illuminated piano black interior trim,
Chester leather - Satellite grey with sport seats
Electric panoramic glass sunroof
Heated front windscreen
Darkened rear glass
Mini Driving Modes
17" Propeller spoke alloy wheels

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to have Tentacle Spoke wheels on my old Cooper and they were a pain to clean properly. The Roulette ones would look good with midnight black and chrome exterior trim.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi sll

Just before we place the order wondering what your thoughts are on midnight Black with a melting silver roof and wing mirrors? We sre going for satellite grey Chester leather interior.

Many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts