Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F56 has been around for 2 years now. I expect that MINI will change some colours this year.
So, what will happen?
My guesses are that the current dark blue will be changed to a new blue, Volcanic Orange, Moonwalk Grey & White Silver will be replaced by new colours.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Red still seems popular judging by the number of TV ads that feature red cars, and Mini now offer the Chilli red on the Cooper as long as you also want the Cooper S spoilers etc, which make it a bit pricey.
I love the 1.5 engine and its performance and it really deserved a more sporty looking body to go with it, as an option.

Maybe iced chocolate will bite the dust, although I like it with the right contrasting wheels etc, it was always a less popular colour.
Then there is the yellow, of course...........!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
There's a bunch of small changes coming in March production from what I've heard. These are the ones I've heard so far:
- Iced Chocolate paint is going away (I kind of liked this color :( )
- the Melting Silver from the Clubman will make its way to the Hardtops (This is a beautiful color!)
- Digital Blue (from the Clubman ALL4 press shots) starts in March for the Clubman
- Some wheel options are changing for the JCW exterior kit
- small interior changes to interior lighting, no more seat pockets on the base Cooper seats, Clubman cupholder trim is changing
- No more snap-in adapters with Media Package or Connected XL

Reactions: Evlkarl and kenl

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, I forgot about Iced Chocolate, (no surprise there) too few units to keep it going.

No agenda here, but I would like to see them really shake things up and get rid of (even for a year or two) some colours that have been around for ever such as Pepper White and BRG.

Much as I like my Blazing Red I wish they would just make Chilli Red ( a no cost option) available. Also time we had the option of a pure white MINI.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'd quite like to see a 'proper' silver and maybe a green, kinda like Audi's Java Green.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Those classic Mini colors are awesome....lots to choose from, but no black? Silver would definitely look great on an F56!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ha!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What's coming in place of the snap in adapters?
Nothing - it will just be storage pocket like with an F56 with the base radio and armrest.

Silver should be another color for the roof. I also would like to see them classic Mini colors again.
Clubman lets you do silver as a roof option and it looks gooooood. I also wish you could do silver roof for the Hardtops.

I would like to see Ice Blue come back.

No agenda here, but I would like to see them really shake things up and get rid of (even for a year or two) some colours that have been around for ever such as Pepper White and BRG.
NO PEPPER WHITE?! NO BRG!?!?!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
;)

I would like to see a pure white option like they have for the Countryman. Looks so clean. :)

Reactions: Geo1912

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
There's a bunch of small changes coming in March production from what I've heard. These are the ones I've heard so far:
- Iced Chocolate paint is going away (I kind of liked this color :( )
- the Melting Silver from the Clubman will make its way to the Hardtops (This is a beautiful color!)
- Digital Blue (from the Clubman ALL4 press shots) starts in March for the Clubman
- Some wheel options are changing for the JCW exterior kit
- small interior changes to interior lighting, no more seat pockets on the base Cooper seats, Clubman cupholder trim is changing
- No more snap-in adapters with Media Package or Connected XL

Anxious to see those wheels! We may have to wait until the JCW GP edition comes out to get proper MINI wheels & tires that look aggressive on the F56 JCW! I love the 18" two-tone cup spoke wheels, but the tires are simply not large enough to suit most of us, and the wheels need to be wider than 7"! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anxious to see those wheels! We may have to wait until the JCW GP edition comes out to get proper MINI wheels & tires that look aggressive on the F56 JCW! I love the 18" two-tone cup spoke wheels, but the tires are simply not large enough to suit most of us, and the wheels need to be wider than 7"! ;)
I want these JCW Clubman Launch Package wheels on my F55!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
No new wheels, sorry!

What's changing is that the silver 17" Track Spokes will no longer be available with the JCW exterior package and the standard 17" Race Spokes on the JCW are going away too (good riddance...those were ugly)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I agree.....race spokes didn't do anything for me & the silver track spokes, while I liked the look at first, just look too small on the F56 JCW! I actually spec'd those before switching to the 18" cup spokes.....so glad I did!

So are they only offering two wheel options then? Black 17" track spokes & 18" two-tone cup spokes?

·
Super Moderator
1,165 Posts
Yes, I forgot about Iced Chocolate, (no surprise there) too few units to keep it going.

Much as I like my Blazing Red I wish they would just make Chilli Red ( a no cost option) available. Also time we had the option of a pure white MINI.
While at the factory yesterday we were told that Pepper White is the most popular colour, followed by black and then Chilli red. I can't see any of those colours going if they are that popular.

A bright yellow would be nice, and maybe the aubergine colour from the Clubman.

·
Registered
165 Posts
BRG isn't popular. I still haven't seen another F56 the same as mine (BRG, white roof and stripes). Which makes me very happy :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts