Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just wondered what your thoughts are on TLC? Is it worth getting it? Ok it covers you for 5 years servicing, but for my low 6k per year mileage, that's only going to work out as 2 services in 5 years.

I know a trusted mechanic used for years who could service mine cheaper and annually. Previously had Alfas and so used to annual services rather than longer intervals.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all

Just wondered what your thoughts are on TLC? Is it worth getting it? Ok it covers you for 5 years servicing, but for my low 6k per year mileage, that's only going to work out as 2 services in 5 years.

I know a trusted mechanic used for years who could service mine cheaper and annually. Previously had Alfas and so used to annual services rather than longer intervals.
Complete no brainer, FminiSH is worth the asking alone for the resale!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It won't need serviced annually so no point in wasting money. The TLC pack is worth it for the Mini service history and any potential buyers will want the TLC pack.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Total and utter no brainer YES YES YES get the tlc; its a service every 2 years regardless of miles as far as my trip computer is saying, and that is a full mini history; for £299 it's a total bargain! includes brake fluid change too; it's so cheap it is rediculous-so even on your low miles you'd get 2 services (oil) at least one vehicle check from memory, and may be two, and a brake fluid change. WELL WORTH IT! mind i negotiated as a freebie off mine-worth a shot?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok ok! I take your advice! My hubbie doesn't think it's that much of a saver, as it's 2 year services at inflated dealer pricing and he'd rather do annual services with a mechanic we trust. Still, I think it's worth it to get a full mini history, and if the warranty only needs two year services then there is no need to do more.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also bought the TLC XL for my previous 2012 Cooper D London. It needed a service at 56,000miles would have cost £365 for the service so took out the XL, an extra 30,000 miles servicing for £275. No brainer.
Sold the car at 65,000 miles still with XL service pack valid to 80,000miles.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
yes may help resale too if you have some servicing left!

·
Registered
508 Posts
yes may help resale too if you have some servicing left!
Do you mean that it will increase just the price the dealer can sell a traded-in car for, or that it will increase what the dealer will offer as a trade-in price? I suspect it may be only one of those......:crying:

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I know what you mean. Dealer always wins. They told my wife the supa guard would increase the value of her Hyundai but dealer just shrugged shoulders when it came to px for a mini. Took great delight in telling him we didn't want it on its replacement!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts