Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in the U.K. But guess it will be similar in different parts of the world...

As if charging for solid colours wasn't enough there is a price rise due in January and TLC is reducing from 5yrs & 50,000 miles to 3yrs & 30,000 miles, not seen the price on this yet!

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
I think it is £499; when we bought our clubby a few weeks ago i did the maths and decided not to bother with the tlc pack-essentially 1 oil change, one proper service and a brake fluid change-not worth it, mind you prices of these individual items may well go up too!

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Sorry 399 for five years. Not bad but you get one brake fluid change one inspection one set plugs amd i think one oil change! Getting closevto not being so good!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure of the new costs but a full service and brake fluid change at my authorised independent would be about £200/250 so when offered if I get another it will be no thank you...

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you don't get the TLC thrown in for free then you're not dealing hard enough ;-)
Yep! One thing they did mention, on a JCW you get a spark plug change somewhere and the OEM ones are different to the normal ones and cost a few quid more (might be dealer bullsh1t but seemed to know their stuff).

TBH, one of the few things I didnt do the maths on. For me, just blends into the monthly payments as an 'all inclusive' maintenance deal, whether I'd haggled it out or not. £300 a month all in on the PCP, all I have to cover is my road tax and tyres for the next 2.99 years and trade it just before 1st MOT. So no surprises as anything major should be warranty unless I do something stupid!!!

The way its going, will probably MOT it and keep it until 3.99 I love it so much! :x

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Thing is it is now £ 399 been to dealer this am oil change £180 b fluid £80 so if you keep the car 3 years you are wasting money however the plugs service is more and then it pays! We've always had it and never benefitted so haven't bothered. Sods law says swbo will want to keep this one but i suppose after three years no warranty any way so i may go to an independent if we keep it!or do it myself!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats not so bad grab that as the website and my dealer say 399! If it were 299 i would take it!
£399 may be the list price, but I was quoted £299.
Brake fluid change £80 at dealers £40 at my independent

Service at dealer £200+ my indie £150ish

Either way less than £399 or Steves offer of £299....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.