Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Apologies to the OP for slightly hijacking this thread, but if you buy a TPMS sensor and have it fitted by say your local tyre dealer, does the sensor then need to be coded to the position it is fitted on car? I ask this because the MINI's system can detect and display which of the four tyres has deflated. Also, does swapping the wheels around to even-up wear mean that you could get, for example, a deflated offside front tyre being flagged-up by the system as a flat offside rear tyre?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you my friend🙂.
Sorry all for diverting the discussion.
Thanks for the diversion, and thanks to those who replied. :)

When I had 2 tyres swapped during a visit to the local Kwik-Fit, they insisted on removing both tyres and refitting them to avoid screwing the TPMS up. There was no extra charge so it was obviously just a lack of knowledge rather than trying to squeeze money out of an uninformed customer.

I will let them know next time that it’s unnecessary. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
Yes completely unecssary; the car knows-we rotate our tyres evey 6mnths or so when we put our winter tyres on-run the initialisation procedure and it's all sorted! Takes a 10-15min drive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies everyone, I got it done at my dealer, it was £89 for the part and £15 labour. I know you can get them cheaper but I needed it done asap and tbh I'd rather get it done at MINI :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts