Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just... I can't...

It's hard to put into words how much I love this car already, it's so quiet and so smooth for a diesel engine, and no tire roar from my 16" non-run flat tyres.

It's everything I want and more, and I just can't find enough reasons to go out and drive it. It's a thing of beauty, both inside and out, and I can't wait till the bedding-in process is complete so I can switch it to Sport mode and give it a good old go. It's massively impressive in Mid mode alone, and thanks to you guys I am finding things and realising things I would never have thought about. The way it corners so dreamily, even at speed. The way it throttles itself as you release the clutch so your transition to the accelerator is smooth as silk. The way it just strides over bumpy road surfaces without a single shake in the passenger compartment.

I love this car.

(Most pictures were taken at twilight, and it doesn't do the paintwork justice, so I'll upload some better ones tomorrow.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: radiocaf

·
Registered
117 Posts
Enjoy the ride! ;)

Reactions: radiocaf

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More pictures!

Some more pictures for you guys, it's been driven 70 miles around town so is a little dirty, but the colour is gorgeous!

Not found any issues, a few clear coat scratches and swirls on the bonnet but it's nothing to get worked up about and can be sorted with a bit of claying.

It's an awesome car, I just can't wait to hit the 1,200 miles mark so I can really drive it.

(Sorry about the rotation, they were properly rotated on my computer, so I don't know why they've uploaded weird.)

Attachments

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
998 Posts
Lovely. Wait until you get a chance to polish it and see it in the sunlight, that colour really stands out. Everyone who sees mine remarks on the colour

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lovely. Wait until you get a chance to polish it and see it in the sunlight, that colour really stands out. Everyone who sees mine remarks on the colour
How do you get rid of scratches in the clearcoat? There are a few from the detailing the dealer did, and my dad decided to rub some of the dust off with his finger on the boot sill... I want them gone :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can see in the not too distant future that mini will admit it got the profile wrong with this car. 5 door should be left as a clubman or alternate body style. Messing with the hatch is just plain wrong. Unfortunately, they are selling, which prevents them being pulled from market. Not a fan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can see in the not too distant future that mini will admit it got the profile wrong with this car. 5 door should be left as a clubman or alternate body style. Messing with the hatch is just plain wrong. Unfortunately, they are selling, which prevents them being pulled from market. Not a fan.
I quite like it, and with the Mrs. expecting kids in the near future, I need the extra doors.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How to piss on someone's parade! The car looks fab, I wasn't keen on 5 doors when I first saw them but now I find them just 'different' rather than having a preference one way or another...

We've got a f55 arriving soon. If the 5 door wasn't an option we wouldn't be buying a mini as wasn't impressed by the countryman and the 3 door just too impractical for our needs.

Enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
37 Posts

I see no purpose in your comments in this thread. This thread is about someone who is very excited about the collection of his new car, and so he should be.
Like Rix said, don't piss on someone's parade because you don't like the 5 door.

Congrats Radiocaf, excellent looking car. Hope you enjoy every minute of it, which it looks like you are ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How to piss on someone's parade!
Like Rix said, don't piss on someone's parade because you don't like the 5 door.
Haha thanks for sticking up for me guys, I wanted to say something but didn't want to offend. It did kind of feel awkward, but then I just drove my car and none of it mattered :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
was only reading the other day that VW are dropping the 3 door variant on the next gen Polo. Audi released the A3 in 3 door only originally, now the 5 door outsells the 3 door 10:1.

Mini are smart enough to realise where the market is heading. i think we will see a significant shift to the F55 & Clubman, with the F56 becoming the niche car

·
Registered
966 Posts
Car looks great, Uke summed it up very nicely :D (spot the VO owner...)

I've always preferred the look of 3 doors, but these still look great, and the fact you need 5 doors just goes to prove what a stud you are.

I've done the 5 door family cars, now divorced, my 2 are 12 and 9 and happy climbing in the back.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
TOTALLY agree, this site has always been so positive and helpful, Accountant, that's why I moved from others; we're all entitled to opinion but in this thread it wasn't necessary and could be hurtful; I have been the subject of negative comments and was very upset; to the point I felt like not bothering with this one either!
EVERYONE has different likes and dislikes and we should respect the fact that the world wont be Volcanic Orange.

I have a 3 door but think the 5 door is a killer move by Mini; just means more people will get to be able to experience this wonderful car!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Some more pictures for you guys, it's been driven 70 miles around town so is a little dirty, but the colour is gorgeous!

Not found any issues, a few clear coat scratches and swirls on the bonnet but it's nothing to get worked up about and can be sorted with a bit of claying.

It's an awesome car, I just can't wait to hit the 1,200 miles mark so I can really drive it.

(Sorry about the rotation, they were properly rotated on my computer, so I don't know why they've uploaded weird.)

got any interior shots?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
got any interior shots?
I'll try my best and will post some asap :). Problem is, when I get in it, my finger just seems to go off on it's own and hits the start button...

Before I realise I'm cruising around town in a deliriously happy state :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
They're selling because people like them. So no, they're not going to be pulled from the market because again, people like them. If you aren't a fan, don't buy one. I quite like them myself, which is why I bought one. Honestly I prefer the look of the 5-door to the 3-door, though I'd never show up on a thread someone started to celebrate having just picked up their 3-door to say that. No point.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts