Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2 months my JCW fob surround finally arrived from China (hopefully without the virus) - bought off Aliexpress as most of their items are a fraction of the price (non genuine reps but great quality)

Nice slimmer profile and looks great - metal as well so feels better quality than the round plastic

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep very happy with it - i thought it might be cheap plastic for the price so was surprised when it came :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks very nice... I ordered one at Etsy ... total Chrome

while waiting for it to arrive I just 3d printed one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Could have used a smaller layer height man!
Yeah I know, was just playig around. looked Ok so used it... been using it for 6 weeks now.... to busy printing my Min lamp with lithopane ;)

when I have time I will print another one

but it's cool... takes couple of hours, costs are almost zero and you can choose all colours you want..... and it is the same as "originals" it doesn't come loose or anything

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I know, was just playig around. looked Ok so used it... been using it for 6 weeks now.... to busy printing my Min lamp with lithopane ;)

when I have time I will print another one

but it's cool... takes couple of hours, costs are almost zero and you can choose all colours you want..... and it is the same as "originals" it doesn't come loose or anything
Haha it's cool I'm only messing, which printer have you got? I've got some TPU on order so wondering about making a key surround with that as it might feel a little bit nicer than solid plastic, but not 100% sure if it will secure well enough being flexible and all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haha it's cool I'm only messing, which printer have you got? I've got some TPU on order so wondering about making a key surround with that as it might feel a little bit nicer than solid plastic, but not 100% sure if it will secure well enough being flexible and all.
yeah... was wondering the same with PTU

this was just made for fun... but in the end it works pretty well

I have the Ender 3 and the CR 10 S pro... both fully upgarded

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah... was wondering the same with PTU

this was just made for fun... but in the end it works pretty well

I have the Ender 3 and the CR 10 S pro... both fully upgarded
I will let you know how it goes if I make one!

Ahh nice, I've got a rather old Prusa i3 mk2, it is old and I have barely maintained it but it still prints like a champ!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts