Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In speccing my car on the UK configurator, I found that opting for the HUD and rear parking distance control provided the full set of toggles.

However, doing the same spec on the USA configurator at miniusa.com gave me a missing switch on the right hand side.

Can anybody tell me whick is correct?

Thanks

Oli

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realised the r.h.s. toggle is for the HUD. I must have missed that off the spec I did on the US site.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Even though I have rear parking distance control + HUD, I am missing a switch on the left hand side.

Dealer said it was the switch for the park assistant, which I don't have.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aaaagh! Thanks Patch. I'll have a think about whether to live with that. It'd be an awful lot of money to spend just for a switch!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ive got rear parking and HUF. I thought I would get a full set of toggles but no.... Nothing for the rear parking. Gutted!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
A Toggle that does random things in the car. Like turn on wiper blades, lights, change song/ radio station, honk the horn hehehe
My first R56 used to do that all by itself....:eek:

We actually only got the full set of toggles as we specced the park assist pack to get the front sensors. (really tight garage and didn't want to hit my beloved bike) and a month on I have realised just how infrequently we parallel park anywhere....

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Washy. Your comment leads me to believe the answer to the question I'm about to ask is no, but...

If I added a rear view camera, would that get me a toggle switch? What does the left hand toggle switch actually do?

Cheers

Oli

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Hi Washy. Your comment leads me to believe the answer to the question I'm about to ask is no, but...

If I added a rear view camera, would that get me a toggle switch? What does the left hand toggle switch actually do?

Cheers

Oli
I don't think you would get the toggle for the rear camera as I think that is activated by putting the car in reverse.

The left toggle turns on the front sensors and activates the park assist. Press the switch and it starts looking for big enough spaces to park in as long as you are travelling slowly enough.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info Washy.

I think I'm just going to have to live with an empty switch position, as I'd also have to upgrade to 16" wheels to be able to even get the park assistant pack.

I'm going for 15" wheels because of where I live and because I'll easily be able to acquire these wheels on eBay to put winter tyres on and keep a separate set of wheels and tyres for winter use.

Cheers

Oli

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm missing the left toggle, but the cockpit is such a nice place to be that I don't notice it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the left one may well be for the rear camera, but I too would have thought it would be switched by gear selection.
Maybe the switch just allows you to disable it completely if you choose to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive got rear parking and HUF. I thought I would get a full set of toggles but no.... Nothing for the rear parking. Gutted!
Do you have manual or automatic transmission? I think there's a toggle on the left side for auto start-stop, which I am assuming is only in cars with auto transmissions?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Auto start-stop works for both automatic and manual transmission and its deactivation is mapped on the second switch from the left.

The left-most switch is only to activate the park assistant (the option that parallel parks the car automagically)

The left-most switch is not related with the rear-view camera. The rear-view camera is activated by switching gear.

To summarize:

left-most switch : park assistant
2nd switch : auto-start
3rd switch : dsc
right-most switch: head's-up display

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok its good to know that the auto start-stop function is in both the manual and the auto.. there's not much definite information regarding it on the web yet! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts