Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am building a Mini with the "7" package but honestly it is pretty useless if you think about it.

Love the BRG with the silver roof and mirror caps
I am okay with the funky seat pattern (cloth/leather)
and the door sill/ wheel options/ stripes on the hood
hate the malt/baby barf brown on the dash would like to have the gray option (I think it would flow better with the silver roof and caps) but no can not change it not even to black. GRR....

if you order the lounge leather satellite grey you still get the malt dash and boy o boy does that clash with the rest of the interior.:(

So really what is the point of buying the "7" Option if I can not spec the car to my liking. I am better off ordering a BRG Cooper get the goodies I want and bring the car to a body shop and have the roof painted in silver.

Mini if you listen..... give us customers some options to spec the car with the 7 package the way we like it and not how the factory wants to sell it. Really what is the point spending all that money if I have to compromise and can not get what I want. Done with the rant now.:D:D

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brandon what attracted me to the 7 was the silver roof with BRG from the factory. I am doing more research to find out what it will cost me to have the roof resprayed and order a BRG with the goodies I want also checking in with some places to have the malt wrapped in grey. I got plenty of time to find the perfect Mini.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Brandon what attracted me to the 7 was the silver roof with BRG from the factory. I am doing more research to find out what it will cost me to have the roof resprayed and order a BRG with the goodies I want also checking in with some places to have the malt wrapped in grey. I got plenty of time to find the perfect Mini.
Ah I see, maybe I should have read the full post... :p

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I had a chance earlier to look at the 7 package at Mini of Scottsdale. Yep that one is out for sure. The malt is absolutely not my gig and the melting silver on the roof did not impress me that much either. Back to the drawing board.:D:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the interior when I saw the one at my dealership. It's also been sitting there for a bit and I kinda think it's the interior that is doing it for most people.

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Mini special editions are supposed to jazz up the brand, and usually offer extras for no more money ie better value. We had a Highgate cabriolet that came with a unique sparkly brown canvas roof and turqoise stripes to the brown leather seats, bonnet stripes and stunning diamond turned wheels plus stictched leather dash trim. It was imo stunning but , on the 7 i think they have somehow missed a trick; I like the wheels on this but i am with you Ever, i'd much rather get on the configurator and make my own!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Oh, I think I'd be perfectly happy with the JCW Challenge package just as it comes from the factory! :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw a green one in the showroom yesterday, and really liked it.

It had the dark cottonwood trim, but I think the colourline was dark grey - no brown to be seen - maybe they've dropped this already, so Evlkarl you might be in luck.

These are the sort of touches that a special edition should have though, otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harry would be knocking up replicas and punting them on to the hard of thinking. I know someone who recently bought a Range Rover Sport, that was all badged up as an Overfinch, only for it to turn out to be a replica - much grief and loss of ££££s too.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The special edition BMW E30 M3's are certainly something to cherish these days! As time passes rareness has value!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
194 Posts
For some time now the UK configurator only allows for a Carbon Black interior. At least it shows they listen to customer feedback. Glad to see a thumbs up for the Dark Cottonwood interior, I have it and several passengers have remarked on it. The colour/color with Melting Silver and nice wheels sold it it me, the extra equipment is handy though. I haven't seen another in the UK so it doesn't appear to be a success.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Surely wrapping would be a better solution?

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
It cost me 600 and change to have my roof painted Chili Red. Would have been a little cheaper, but had to dismantle the JCW spoiler to paint it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.