1. Color
2. Sport Mode
3. LEDs

JP

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
You meany smoley, just 3. I am in total love with my car, so here goes.

The led headlights and the way it lights up at night when you press the button to open it Inc the door handle light s. Makes my stomach fluttered at the thought.

The looks overall but mainly due to.the colour and its presence in a car park. Always turn for a last look before i walk away and park where I can see it if I can. Just makes me smile.

The noise of of the 3 cylinder engine when you open it up. Porsche like I think but as yet no one has agreed or disagreed with me on this one.

And becuse I am in love, the rest of the driving pleasures:

,refinement,material quality,feel of the steering wheel lovely gearbox, window switches on the door at last, the massive difference btwen the driving modes, the hud, WOW, the sound of the hk stereo but also how the speakers look in the panels, the adjustable floor and flat load space, the fab way the I drive works, so simple and so many different ways to access a menu, the xl screen it reads your sms, the sat nav and the fact it as on the hud. The speed limit function superb licence saver.speed variable and auto wipers, and the lovely auto lights.and the heated screen is superb. I love bmw Jack points too, saves me damagingthe sills.

What would I alter:Bluetooth with my android phone seems v unreliable.was ok but now not connected again. Odd. IPhone apps but not android. The i drive controllera tad far back, the fog light switches. Put em back on the toggles! Worst dislike Is the STUPID TPMS system that means we'll all need new units in 4-5 Yeats, and expensive for a second set. Grr but not minis fault, thanks eec! There was nothing wrong with the abs system on the r56

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Ps great thread and sorry long reply as have nothing I can do! SO SORRY!

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Ps smoley where are yours or are you awaiting your car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to start the fire . . . And was looking for some help in putting my thoughts into words. I'm surprised to find that Jeremybingham is dead on with his great post! No apology needed for his long thread.

I've had my loaded Pepper White MCS manual for 3 weeks (600 miles) as my "fun" car here in the Motor City suburbs. I get a buzz each time I get into the vehicle and push the start lever.

1. Wow Factor
2. Feel of the whole cockpit / design & materials
3. Total sense of the drivetrain / engine & gearbox

·
Registered
890 Posts
Could duplicate lots of other things already said, but the one outstanding thing about the 1.5 Cooper to me is the engine. Which of course has slso already been said.

It sounds fantastic, like an off-beat boxer engine in a Subaru (or Porsche) and if you want it to, goes like stink. But can also give good economy.

A good bit of engineering.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Could duplicate lots of other things already said, but the one outstanding thing about the 1.5 Cooper to me is the engine. Which of course has slso already been said.
F
It sounds fantastic, like an off-beat boxer engine in a Subaru (or Porsche) and if you want it to, goes like stink. But can also give good economy.

A good bit of engineering.

Hooray Joann. Glad It's not just Me thinking it sounds Porsche like. Love it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Whats interesting is that in the previous R models, the engine was one of the weakest points of the car, never quite delivering on the promise or making the most of the chassis. Seems like bmw have got it bang on with the new platform

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Yes. Just goes to show the in house development is best! Mind you we are the guinea pigs for long term longevity.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The things that I come to rely on is the nav.. I've never had nav in my vehicles.. infact I just used my cell phone most of the time.. I'm directionally challenged so I never took hiways by myself because I'd get lost or arrive late. I took the highway on my own a few days ago using the nav.. most amazing thing ever! I knew exactly where to get on and off and switch between highways etc...

But the Harmon Kardon Sound System upgrade is another of my favourite :) ... my old dodge nitro doesn't compare.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A very hard question indeed. My top three though are:

1) Those LED's- When you unlock the car at night they look stunning. When I've been driving on the road, I have caught a few people looking at them as well. Also from a safety aspect, they are super bright and inspire confidence when you're driving at night along country roads. Worth every penny!!!

2) The 1.2 engine- I have the 1.2 turbo charged engine and it growls all the time, especially when you drop down to 2nd gear! Fab!!! Brings a smile on my face every time. Definitely wouldn't get that on any of the Mini rivals.

3) The interior- It's just a fab place to sit in. From the armrest position to how the leather on the steering wheel feels.

·
Registered
844 Posts
LED Lights.....WOW Factor, without them, Justa another Mini
Apologies for having "Just another MINI", my car is so ordinary without those lights. :rolleyes:

Seriously ;).

The F56 is such a great car overall - trying my best to pick out 3 things that make is so great I go with...

1. The blend of refinement and still retaining the sporty handling.
2. The quality of the interior, even with the "basic" seats which are great.
3. The 1.5T engine. Fast when you need it and > 50 mpg available.

I have had my car 4 months only, looking forward to speccing my next one already :).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmmm...

1) the gorgeous look of it, inside and out
2) the little kick in the butt it gives you when you take off in sport mode
3) the LED's

And I could go on and on. I have never been so in love with a car!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's why the "Top 3" is such a challenge.

Forces us to examine all the good . . . And to finalize to the great. Interesting to me the similarity of many but the differences based on what is important and of value. In my opinion, a very diverse vehicle that is well designed and built that allows to each his own.

Well done MINI!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts