Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow motorers,

Would you kindly settle a debate between myself and my younger brother? What is the projected top speed of the 2016 Mini Cooper (not S/JCW), and is it speed governed?

Thanks!

=-MDP-=

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Mini Cooper 3-Door, manufactured or sold in 2014, version for Europe (since early-year)
3-door hatchback body type
FWD (front-wheel drive), manual 6-speed gearbox
petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 1499 cm3 / 91.4 cui, advertised power: 100 kW / 134 hp / 136 PS ( ECE ), Torque net: 230 Nm / 170 lb-ft
characteristic dimensions: outside length: 3821 mm / 150.4 in, wheelbase: 2495 mm / 98.2 in
reference weights: base curb weight: 1085 kg / 2392 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 1565 kg / 3450 lbs
how fast is this car ? top speed: 210 km/h (131 mph) (declared by factory);
accelerations: 0- 60 mph 7.5 s, 0- 100 km/h 7.9 s (declared by factory), 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 15.7 s (a-c simulation)
fuel consumption and mileage: 4.5 l/100km / 62.8 mpg (imp.) / 52.2 mpg (U.S.) / 22.2 km/l emission: 105 gCO2/km average estimated by a-c: 5.9 l/100km / 47.9 mpg (imp.) / 39.9 mpg (U.S.) / 17 km/l

Sorry a bit out-131!

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Hanging my head in shame as we speak; in my defence your honour i have to say it feels much quicker than any of the stats suggest and i've never driven a car that seems to help me break speed limits like this-70 just feels so slow! (and i have driven much faster cars that didnt do that to me!) tee hee!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It's 70MPH
Aw man... that means I'm slow-lane all the way to the California border 'cause the speed limit's 75 once you get out of the Phoenix Metro area!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hanging my head in shame as we speak; in my defence your honour i have to say it feels much quicker than any of the stats suggest and i've never driven a car that seems to help me break speed limits like this-70 just feels so slow! (and i have driven much faster cars that didnt do that to me!) tee hee!
Man on my test drive when we hit the freeway I was doing <speed redacted> before I even thought to look at the speedometer. Talk about embarrassing 'Oh ...right... speed limits...' :redface:.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I remember in the past when I had my Cooper (not my JCW) then in Germany I had it at around 225km/h indicated on the speedo, so probably like 215km/h in reality. That was foot to the floor and it was pretty flat, straight on the autobahn (A5 past Karlsruhe headin' up Frankfurt way).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.