Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F57
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to get touch screen Android Auto setup? I've been scouring the internet for days and haven't found any success stories of this.

At this point I'm not concerned about head unit compatibility, as I can swap it if needed (as long as I can make it work with a 2017 F57). I just want to know if anyone has managed to get it working, and what parts/products were used.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hi, I would contact the folks at BimmerTech with your questions. They perform BMW/MINI retrofits and may find a solution for you.

I hope this points you in the right direction and please keep us updated,

Rich

·
Registered
2017 F57
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, but their response was basically that none of the products they offer can do it. Their MMI Prime box doesn't support touch. And their Android Auto Activation option only works with iDrive 7, which they say can't be added to a 2017 F57.

I've been trying to find other boxes which might add the functionality. I've found one reference over on m5post.com forums saying the Joyeauto device supports touch with NBT EVO iD6, however when I asked the manufacturer directly, they said it does not support touch. The box itself has a port labeled "touch", but I have no idea what this is, since it's separate from the LVDS cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts