Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Honestly, for wheels it doesn't really matter that much. Black is black and if it's non-metallic, get down to Halfrauds and find a BMW Schwartz paint stick kit. If it is a metallic paint (shining a torch on a clean bit should confirm this), 99 times out of 100 it will be Midnight Black (Code A94).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Speaking of touch up paint, is anyone else annoyed that VO is on backorder here in the states? The wind blew my door open into a cart coral at the grocery and chipped the edge of my door. There is no release date for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Get on eBay,loads of really great companies who will mix you a pot with brush for less than a fiver delivered post free. We have done so for all our cars ,midnight black mini (used it on our wheel scratch too)vo f56 and our white duster(dacia),very very good matches.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Where can one purchase MINI touch-up paint? Is the dealer the only place that carries it? I hope I never need it, but I may buy a tube to have on hand. It probably comes in two tubes for metallic paints (one base, one clear).

Found it.....any BMW parts supplier will carry it most likely. For Midnight Black Metallic it's Part No. 51 91 0 000 000 (Color Code A94)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Touch up paint scares me... It can go wrong

Scares me, too. If I ever get a big chip, I'd probably go to a professional, but I think it can be handy for a little tiny chip.
I've only had one tiny chip on my Mellow Yellow and one on my Chili Red Mini, but I got a touch-up "pen" from Paintscratch.com. They match the exact color, which you can get from your car's documentation. I think it may be on the car somewhere, but I forgot where. If you give them your Vin number, they check the code to be sure. They also sell primer, clear coat, and little bottles of paint if that's what you need. I've only used the pens, and ended up disposing of the pens when I got my new Blazing Red MCS. I've never used the primer or clear coat. I'll probably get another one to keep on hand.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
In the uk the clowns called councils think it good to put a layer of tar on roads then pour loose clippings over it and then let cars roll them in for them. If you don't get a chip you're very lucky or like me take a detour. We have little teeny chips on all our cars and fionas touch ups do a great job. Build up the layers then a gentle t cut n polish. Sorted.but not for biggies of course.

·
Registered
969 Posts
In the uk the clowns called councils think it good to put a layer of tar on roads then pour loose clippings over it and then let cars roll them in for them. If you don't get a chip you're very lucky or like me take a detour. We have little teeny chips on all our cars and fionas touch ups do a great job. Build up the layers then a gentle t cut n polish. Sorted.but not for biggies of course.

We've had this all over the shire lately, I took a detour one day only to find they'd done that road during the day too, and not informed me!!! So I now have several chips and one on the windscreen caused by a works van which his company is aware of.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
That's terrible poor you. it drives me nuts. In that hot weather they had to grit our stretch so it didn't melt. Did a double take as I saw a gritter approach at 32c! Just wish they'd do the roads properly ,they last much longer and cause us less agro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.