Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spooky Friday 13th goings on.

My son went to his VW Transporter this morning and a TPMS message was flashing. Went to VW Dealer who checked all 4 tyres, all OK and reset system.

About an hour later I went out in my F56 MCS and drove for about 30 mins and then parked up. Got back to the car and TPMS message came up on speedo and the correct page in the manual was displayed on the VB screen. Went through reset procedure and all tyres were within .4 of a pound.

Coincidence or is there a TPMS gremlin on the loose?>:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Think it's the big drop in temps from yesterday

Mine started flashing this morning

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had my pressure warning come on this morning, all four 5-6 PSI low. Put it down to the cold. After about 10 minutes 3 of them went off and the pressures had gone up, the fourth one was still lower than the rest but higher than the figure that the other 3 went off. Can only assume that it stayed on because it was lower than the rest. Still going out now to double check the pressures.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I had the same problem for the last 3 month always showed 6 to 7 Psi low filled them once a month with air. I have 16 inch Hankooks on mine. The Dealer did a software update and so far so good after i filled them to the correct Psi. My Dealer could not find any problems with the Tires or Rims. I feel much better now that somebody else had the same problem people thought i am nuts and loosing it.:D:D

·
Super Moderator
8,741 Posts
Checked mine yesterday uk temps went from 10 or more degrees Celsius down to 0 or less in one day. My fronts went Dow from 2.4 kpa to about 2! the rears less so. V odd

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had a strange experience this morning. When I turned the engine on the screen was on the handbook menu in the tyre pressure page. Immediately thought it was the tyre pressure warning so went to the vehicle information screen and all the tyres were around the same psi and not low. Was on the screen as I turned the engine on to leave work again. Really strange, not sure if the cold weather is doing something to it? Not the low tyre pressure warning as mentioned above, but along the same lines and equally strange!

Edit: it was about 0 degrees this morning which is a lot colder than it's been for a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.