Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow MINI owners,

I live in Greece and I ordered my F56 around a month ago, yet I still haven't figured out how to track its production. I tried using the MINI USA website [ol.miniusa.com], however the production number did not work. Maybe this only works for US cars.

Any way I track it, other than the US website?

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here at Canada, the Mini Lounge (ol.miniusa.com) only work for US cars. You can try to call BMW and ask them for your production week. They told me mine has scheduled for week 22, and I got my VIN on May 29th. Many people said the production week is pretty accurate.

BMW VIN decoder: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

After you have your VIN, you can go to http://www.2wglobal.com/ , click on "Track&Trace", enter your VIN as your "Cargo ID".

Happy Waiting!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried using the MINI USA website, however the production number did not work. Maybe this only works for US cars...
'Works' here is a relative statement - the US website was never as up to date as the info over the phone and it still thinks my MINI is at the Vehicle Distribution Center.

My question (to which I don't have an answer) is if the rest of the world has an equivalent to 866-ASK-MINI (866-275-6464) - where I got more or less reliable info until I switched over to the shipping website.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That track and trace link only works if your car is on a WW ship. Mine just loaded on a K-line ship on Friday so I can't really track it anymore until the ship checks into a port.

Annette

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Your dealer can see on what status your car is and can inform you whether it is in production, shipment, etc. Ask them :)
Really? My MA said to keep checking the Owner's Lounge as buyers typically get information sooner than they do. I emailed MINI and had some success....also, calling may be a good idea but those folks are not there to research where your car is every minute of the day, so I wouldn't expect too much.

I'm starting to think the best thing to do is just "forget about it" and next thing you know the car will be here! :)

Honestly, nobody has had as long a wait as the very few of us (apparently) who want the F56 JCW with manual transmission....I've been waiting since March to know when these cars will be made...and all I know now is approx the 3rd week in June (after a lot of pushing on my part)...so we'll see. I've had my Production Number for over a month and the VIN for going on two weeks!...still "waiting" to see any movement.

They have to go into production before the 2016 models are being built in July or August!

My opinion? MINI needs to redo the whole system...in this day & age there's no way buyers should not be able to know almost instantaneously where their car is located (during and after production). Crap, just put a GPS tracking device on the thing! ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Europe the dealers have some systems to do the ordering and tracking. For example: My car was scheduled February 12th and was delivered on January 22nd. In the beginning they were reluctant to say anything, but at one point they had to. The dealerships need to have such kind of system, otherwise it'll be a major surprise with each delivery, won't it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
...also, calling may be a good idea but those folks are not there to research where your car is every minute of the day, so I wouldn't expect too much.
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In the US, 866-ASK-MINI (866-275-6464) will send you to an automated system that for reasons unknown and unknowable MINI keeps more up to date than the owner's lounge. Again, no idea how to call into the system from elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In the US, 866-ASK-MINI (866-275-6464) will send you to an automated system that for reasons unknown and unknowable MINI keeps more up to date than the owner's lounge. Again, no idea how to call into the system from elsewhere.
OUTSTANDING!!!! Thank you for that number...I called and my car is "awaiting transportation to port of entry"...so, it's already been made!!!! MINI Lounge still says "Scheduled for Production". WOW!!

Made my day! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone! I will call my dealer and hope he'll be able to tell me when I'll be getting my MINI. So excited!

·
Registered
608 Posts
That track and trace link only works if your car is on a WW ship. Mine just loaded on a K-line ship on Friday so I can't really track it anymore until the ship checks into a port.

Annette
Annette, if you know the name of the ship your car is on, you can track it using a thing called AIS, here's a website. https://www.marinetraffic.com

And here's K-Lines fleet list :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Update 6-12-2015....My MINI is "At the Port Waiting on a Transport Vessel"!

Seems like each day it is "moving"...can it really get to the USA that quickly?

How long is the "ride" across the pond usually?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine was just loaded last Friday. When I called ASK MINI they told me 18 days to the port in Savannah, GA. Yours will come into NY,NJ or Baltimore so should be 4-5 days shorter cruise. Your dealer can tell you which port, or ASK MINI can tell you when your car is on a vessel. The owner's lounge showed mine still awaiting transport on Monday, June 8 but the car had been on a boat since June 5. So if you haven't already you should call and get a human being (not the automated) for the most current information.

Annette

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thanks Annette! Happy for you! It'll be here before you know it.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts