Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some reflections on a recent track night session at Knockhill.

Pretty much entirely stock Cooper S sport (lci2) - only changes were ebc yellowstuff pads and dot 5.1 flush as the factory fluid was ~1yr old

Huge amount of fun despite being one of the slowest on track - tho there was some fairly exotic stuff on track including a few Atoms, Exocet, Ferrari 458 and some heavily modded fiesta STs.

Ambient temperature was around 20c - brakes held up not too bad, some fade (not falling off a cliff tho) after about 6-7 laps.

I had hot tyre pressures of ~35psi front and 30rear, think I could have done with some extra rear pressure to help turn in. Tyres (Pirelli cinturato) were hugely complaining in the middle of the lap - the fronts are near the end of their life anyway tread wise, but are absolutely bleutered now. Feel like the car has much more to give with decent rubber.

Felt like the car could have done with being sprung stiffer front and rear, or with stiffer bump damping as in a couple of the compressions it took a while for the car to settle.

I was running in traction mode but would love to hear experiences of folks using “DSC OFF”- I wasn’t brave enough to try.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
182 Posts
Some reflections on a recent track night session at Knockhill.

Pretty much entirely stock Cooper S sport (lci2) - only changes were ebc yellowstuff pads and dot 5.1 flush as the factory fluid was ~1yr old

Huge amount of fun despite being one of the slowest on track - tho there was some fairly exotic stuff on track including a few Atoms, Exocet, Ferrari 458 and some heavily modded fiesta STs.

Ambient temperature was around 20c - brakes held up not too bad, some fade (not falling off a cliff tho) after about 6-7 laps.

I had hot tyre pressures of ~35psi front and 30rear, think I could have done with some extra rear pressure to help turn in. Tyres (Pirelli cinturato) were hugely complaining in the middle of the lap - the fronts are near the end of their life anyway tread wise, but are absolutely bleutered now. Feel like the car has much more to give with decent rubber.

Felt like the car could have done with being sprung stiffer front and rear, or with stiffer bump damping as in a couple of the compressions it took a while for the car to settle.

I was running in traction mode but would love to hear experiences of folks using “DSC OFF”- I wasn’t brave enough to try. View attachment 80592
View attachment 80591
View attachment 80590
Photos look great! If you are finding a bit of fade with the Yellowstuff may I advise Bluestuff, our official track/street hybrid pad. The Yellow were once promoted as track capable, and are good for some, but the Blue are, as we like to say, "Yellowstuff with a double shot of espresso'. They will bed quicker, endure higher temps, brake harder and all around make the track day better :)

Find more info about Bluestuff here

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos look great! If you are finding a bit of fade with the Yellowstuff may I advise Bluestuff, our official track/street hybrid pad. The Yellow were once promoted as track capable, and are good for some, but the Blue are, as we like to say, "Yellowstuff with a double shot of espresso'. They will bed quicker, endure higher temps, brake harder and all around make the track day better :)

Find more info about Bluestuff here
Thanks EBC - can you please point me to the correct sku for these for a 2021 lci2 MCS f56 please? The yellow stuff pads I ordered from Lohen seemed a tad undersized compared to OEM pads

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
182 Posts
Thanks EBC - can you please point me to the correct sku for these for a 2021 lci2 MCS f56 please? The yellow stuff pads I ordered from Lohen seemed a tad undersized compared to OEM pads
If you follow this below link and select the correct engine size/ bhp/ caliper configuration you will find our offerings. On the next page after selecting your model, there are tabs at the top; kits | pads | discs. Select which you desire to see the individual parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts