Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hopefully the annotated pics above help. In the first one, the bottom of each pad’s friction material is aligned, I was trying to highlight the height difference.

yeah the pads were 100% on the right side. The pad with the larger backing plate is just to accommodate the wear indicator- the backing plate width, and friction material dimensions are identical for both sides anyway. Hope this all helps! Thanks

· Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
206 Posts
Hopefully the annotated pics above help. In the first one, the bottom of each pad’s friction material is aligned, I was trying to highlight the height difference.

yeah the pads were 100% on the right side. The pad with the larger backing plate is just to accommodate the wear indicator- the backing plate width, and friction material dimensions are identical for both sides anyway. Hope this all helps! Thanks
Sorry lastly i've been asked by my colleague, would you be able to send a photo of the pads front on, side by side please?

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've got the OEM pads back on the car now so i'll have to take them off again to get another comparison pic - I can do that no problem though will likely be at some point tomorrow. Can I just check please exactly what they are asking for, a picture with the OEM and EBC pads side-by-side showing the faces of the friction material? Do you want me to try and measure anything from either/both pads too? Just want to make sure I get the picture/measurements you'll need to avoid me having to go and take the pads off again!

Thanks, Ross

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
An update on this for anyone that might be confused about this down the line. It looks like the f56 front rotor and pad size changed (increased) for LCI2, at least for the Cooper S. s far as I can tell the rear are the same pre-post LCI2.

TRW the manufacturers of the non-works pads/caliper/rotors seem to have updated things, and I understand EBC are working on it too. Might be a while before other third party suppliers catch up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts