Mini Cooper Forum banner

Which wheels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being an impulsive fool I've gone and bought the wrong track spokes for my JCW.

I read the handy thread here: Difference between OEM Style 501 and 562 wheels?

And I've got the 562's that won't fit the big JCW brakes.

The original motivation for the change was that I'm just not a fan of the current cup wheels. Personally I don't like the design and prefer an all black wheel.

Not sure now whether to sell the 562 track spokes, and stick with the cups/look for the right track spokes, or fit spacers so the 562's I've got will accomodate the JCW brakes.

One advantage of the track spokes I've bought is that they come with Michelin PS4's, which I was going to change to anyway. The original idea was to swap the cups and runflats, for track spokes and PS4's.

Do spacers negatively affect tyre/suspension performance? And does anyone know what size I would need please? Any difference between the Evolves and Eibachs in terms of performance/people's experiences of either?

Was looking at these:

12 or 15mm: https://www.evolveautomotive.com/makes/mini/mini-f56/mini-f56-jcw/mini-f56-jcw-wheel-spacers.html

10/12/15mm options on the Eibachs: Eibach Pro Kit Hubcentric Wheel Spacers For MINI F55/F56

Would hunt around for the best price on the spacers, these are just the first links I found really.

Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That thread was mine when I was trying to discern the difference between what looked like two identical wheels on offer. Bummer you didn't see it first! I vote spacers because why waste the money on purchasing yet another set.

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That thread was mine when I was trying to discern the difference between what looked like two identical wheels on offer. Bummer you didn't see it first! I vote spacers because why waste the money on purchasing yet another set.
I've stuck with the cups in the end. Just bought 4 new 18" Sportmaxx's so going to get the cups refurbished and sprayed black.

Thought about spacers but I don't want to mess with any geometry/suspension, etc. - I realise reports on using spacers are good, just don't want to risk it. Especially as I am within a warranty period for the next 10 months with Mini.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts