Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im not really fond of the new f56 have owned it for about a year and miss my old r56 cooper s. I am currently leasing the f56. My local dealer has a 2011 r56 jcw for sale with 25k its a 6 speed manual and 100k warranty (no maintenance warranty) and theyre asking $21k for it.

My questions:

1. It has a n14 which makes me nervous as i havent heard to many good things. Should i hold out for an n18 or is the n14 not as bad as everyone claims?

2. If i do get the car, what preventative maintenance can i do to prevent any sort of serious engine issues and when are the recommended to be done on this engine?(Timing chain, water pump)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Personally I'd keeping looking for a JCW with a N18 - I had a 2008 N14 JCW which got the dreaded death rattle issue but luckily was covered under warranty (I'd hate to think what that would have cost to repair if I had to pay for it myself!).
My 2013 N18 JCW hasn't had one problem in 3 years now (touch wood!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it has 100k warranty already and they said i could also purchase the maintenance plan. i really like the car and if i did decide to get what would be a fair price to get it at?

thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Surf around some of the mini dealer sites, they usually have their prices for trade-ins listed with a price which will be the high end. They will come down to sell them. The local dealer sold my R56 JCW with only 27,000 miles on it for a good bit less than what they are trying to sell you the R56 S for.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Before ordering my new F56 JCW last year I almost bought a 2011 JCW....I really like the look of the 2011...it had the N18 power plant with 52k I or so miles 1 owner car. Price was $17,900. I probably would have bought it but I arrived at the dealer the same day someone else did & they bought the car. Price of your potential buy sounds kinda high to me, but if it's warrantied may be ok....if it has the N14 though don't walk RUN away! LOL!

·
Registered
495 Posts
the price sound very high........I would not touch a r56.....just too many mechanical issues.....if you do want it, get an extended warranty...if you can't, don't buy it.....a bottomless pit for repairs... = $$$ in the end.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Our R56 JCW was a 2012 that still had the balance of the warranty remaining. This was last fall and I think they sold it for around $18,500 US and it was mechanically perfect, it did have rock dings on the hood and front end from driving group drives in the mountain twisties, but I had touched them up and you had to look for them. The interior was flawless. Your dealer is not your friend with the deal he is offering you. I agree with the other posters about not taking his deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.